law enforcement

SBD

i have a few agency’s that want there machine guns and suppressors service. what is a fair price for each unit? how should i charge?

these guns are on form 10s so can i take them off premises?

do i really need to form 3 each of these they have alot of cans/mgs 

13 hours ago, Ryo said:

The ATF strongly recommends a Form 5 so it doesn't look like a transfer.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/repair-nfa-firearms

I've seen them sent over without it though to another FFL I know for repairs. 

They do not want a Form 5 for repair, it's not legally required and just adds time and paperwork for the already overwhelmed transfer system.

To the OP, if you're taking NFA items in for repair, just get a letter from the Dept (or individual) specifically noting what is to be done and log it in your gunsmithing book. Some gunsmiths require the individual to send in a copy of their F4, etc (in this case F10) but it's not required though it can be a good practice.

13 minutes ago, b_san said:

They do not want a Form 5 for repair, it's not legally required and just adds time and paperwork for the already overwhelmed transfer system.

To the OP, if you're taking NFA items in for repair, just get a letter from the Dept (or individual) specifically noting what is to be done and log it in your gunsmithing book. Some gunsmiths require the individual to send in a copy of their F4, etc (in this case F10) but it's not required though it can be a good practice.

I'm just reading off from the ATF documentation. You are correct that doing a Form 5 is not needed, the ATF just suggest it or else document what needs to be performed.

From ATF Document (https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/repair-nfa-firearms) :

In order to avoid any appearance that a transfer has taken place, ATF strongly recommends that a Form 5 application be submitted for approval prior to conveying the firearm for repair. ATF believes this will provide protection to the parties involved as it will document the repair of the firearm and help ensure that a “transfer” did not take place. In addition, an approved Form 5 will assist Federal firearms licensees in establishing that their possession of the firearm is lawful. However, if no Form 5 application is used, ATF recommends that both parties document what type of repair is being performed. This may be done via work or repair order or other similar documentation.

• 8 months later...