WTS: M3 Grease Gun C&R Excellent SOLD

tranham

WWII M3 Grease Gun C&R 45 ACP 

Made by Guide lamp for General Motors

Excellent shape and runs great

Comes with 10 NOS  magazines, 3 magazine pouchs and sling

Pictures

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2lfuyj288rrlo2r/AAAPLFSsGMr-7qIh_vCZSQi3a?dl=0

I am listing several NFA weapons for a friend. Contact me for more information Robert 615-418-2073 tranham@hotmail.com

Terms are 100% upfront. Buyer pays transfer Tax and shipping. Can ship stripped gun less receiver and parts to buyer immediately

$17,500

Edited by tranham
Sold

It's not the original finish. This is a British lend lease gun. The original finish was black paint. You can tell it was a Brit gun by the remnants of the welds for the magazine release guard. It also falls into a serial number range for a bunch of known lend lease guns including one I have pending that is only around 200 higher than this one. It is likely this gun was reimported in the early 1960s by international armament corporation. Price on the guns in the early 60s was $29.50. 

The picture of the form 4 provided by the seller states the manufacturer as Guide Lamp div of GM. The firearm could have been returned to the US at any time, and not necessarily through importation... Though alot of these were imported back into the US. As DZ pointed out, this was lend-lease M3, notable by the remnents of the magazine release safety bar (these bars were exclusively added by the Brits to lent M3's... It was a small bar welded over the magazine release to avoid accidentla release of the magazine while in the field). These bars were later removed after reimport into the US, leaving behind the remnants of the bar. The British used a black paint-like finish on their imported guns... The fact that this paint is no longer present is a strong indiactor that this firearm has been refinished. In terms of value, they are really worth what anyone is willing to pay... However, class3machineguns.com recently sold one similar to this one for $14,000... And this seller has listed this particular item on Gunbroker several times, with the highest bid being $14,250... So I would venture a guess that the market is around $14k-$15k on Lend-Lease M3's. So seller is in the ballpark. But if you want it bad enough, make him an offer. 

Edited by tricky9914

When these guns were imported (repatriated), I don't think there was a requirement that they be marked with the importer's name. They should have British proof marks including the caliber and pressure stamped on the barrel. The black paint finish appears to have been applied to the guns at the factory. Mine still has the bar over the mag release button so I don't think they were removed by the importer. My seller's paperwork is dated 1964 and has Guide Lamp Division of General Motors as the manufacturer and International Armament Corporation as transferor. 

And Bruce to answer your question directly, this gun has certainly been refinished. It has not been "re-parked" because it was never parkerized in the first place. The original black paint finish was removed and it was parkerized at least once. This is not unusual for these guns as the original finish doesn't appear to be that durable. Mine looks terrible and will be refinished in either parkerizing or black paint as soon as it transfers to me. I vacillate between the two. I like the durability and look of the parkerizing (and all of my spare parts are parked). However, black paint is the original finish. I probably have until August to decide so I'll be looking at a bunch of pictures between now and then.