m16 4 position fire group

SBD

1 hour ago, hkg3k said:

I've seen this before.  How is this not an unregistered conversion device?  What am I missing?

so as long as u dont have all the naughty parts together its ok. thats why he sells the selectors separately. I think dont quote me?!?

It looks like the third hole does not have a pin through it so it would still need the sear pin hole in the receiver, requiring a milled and registered receiver to work? 

I could see it needing to be registered if it was made to drop into an undrilled receiver though.

6 minutes ago, SFG2017 said:

It looks like the third hole does not have a pin through it so it would still need the sear pin hole in the receiver, requiring a milled and registered receiver to work? 

I could see it needing to be registered if it was made to drop into an undrilled receiver though.

states on website “no need to drill 3rd hole” 

does say that pocket needs to be milled so i dont think its drop in.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SBD said:

so as long as u dont have all the naughty parts together its ok. thats why he sells the selectors separately. I think dont quote me?!?

That's just it...all the naughty parts are there together.  From my reading, the separate selector is a Colt pattern selector if buyer wants that option...looks like the base unit comes with a selector.

27 minutes ago, SFG2017 said:

I see units with and without the pin.  Regardless, what's to keep someone from sticking a shortened sear pin in the unit and dropping it in?

Edited by hkg3k
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Needs to be a milled out m16 spec receiver. Can't just drop into ar15 spec lower. 

There is no one "AR15" spec lower...low shelf, high shelf, SP1 island, no island or M16 spec pocket.  There are makers who build AR15 lowers with a M16 pocket...that's completely legal and the maker's choice.  The sear pin hole is the bug-a-boo.

I can't see what keeps someone from installing a shortened sear pin in this unit and dropping it into an AR15 with a M16 spec pocket.?

• Like 1

That trigger is pretty much a scam. There have been multiple discussions about it on other boards. The guy can only come up with nice drawings. He posts long lead times to make a credit card charge back harder if not impossible to do. Here is are a couple of links to the latest discussions about these on AR15.com

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Theoretical-discussion-anybody-see-a-Autosear-trigger-pack-for-ARs-/23-524992/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Remember-the-Texas-Shootist-drop-in-trigger-auto-sear-group-its-back/23-523902/

That's kinda what I thought. I called no answer. They Replied to email really quickly. Wanted full funds. Long wait bla bla bla. Never really answered questions. Reminded me of a guy who was bending h&k flats pnonzi type scheme 

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely too good to be true. 

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/weatherford/profile/gun-safety/shootist-arms-company-llc-0825-1000133734/complaints

https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?checkAvail=1&domain=ptrdd.com

I have seen no record of anyone receiving the item. Sounded like a cool product, but its not real. Letting Credit Card Company handle it from here

• 4 months later...