The pink ATF "Cover Sheets" that come back with paper transfer forms?

MP5

I had not done a paper Form 3 transfer  in a while but recently did a couple of them.  When these approved forms came back, they had a pink-colored “cover sheet” with them.  Does anyone know if this pink cover sheet is something that is required to be retained along with the actual [original approved] paper Form 3?  I did notice that the ATF “control Number” only appears on this pink cover sheet; it is not on the actual Form 3 in the upper left corner, like it is on eForms forms.  I’m guessing that the ATF Control Number is a good thing to have, but I could easily just write it in on the Form 3 in the appropriate place.  Anyone else ever do paper Form 3’s at all anymore?  (Sometimes it just seems easier than repeatedly – and unsuccessfully - trying to get NFA to add an MG registered 30+ years ago to one’s eForms inventory list; the last couple of Form 3 paper transfers I did only took 17 days, mailbox to mailbox.)  Anyone ever seen any ATF written guidance on retaining -or not - these pink cover sheets?  I’m curious what others are doing with these.

Edited by MP5

Its just a cover sheet, no need to keep them. I shred them. They come on all forms AFAIK as they are req since its tax info. Control # is not worth keeping since the form is approved the process for that form is over.

IMO there is no need to do a paper form 3 when a eform 3 takes hours/days to get approved.

2 hours ago, Ryo said:

You can dump the pink sheet. The form is the important part.

Just curious why do paper method vs eForm?

I usually do eForms, but there's been a couple times where I could not get them to add the items to the e-inventory list in the eForms "system", maybe because the current registrations were so old (30+ years).  So I finally just sent the paper Form 3's, with a copy of the existing/current registration form.  Surprisingly, the paper form came back approved pretty quick (2 - 2 1/2 weeks).  Not my preferred method, but it still works.