Tim.P

WTS Browning ANM2 aircraft machine gun

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

just seeing if there is any interest in the USA in a deactivated (barrel plugged) Browning ANM2 aircraft machine gun

Gun is located in AUSTRALIA, ie, not in the USA.

Gun is missing all its internals, top cover, rear buffer and bolt.  Basically a receiver a plugged barrel.  .

My understanding is this can be legally imported into the USA if the right hand side plate is removed prior to entering the USA and the right hand side plate is cut with a torch as per ATF specs..  Please correct me if this is wrong.  Once in the USA im told this can be assembled into a legal machine gun if you are licensed and possess a legally registered right hand side plate.  I read somewhere the right hand side plate must have been registered before May 1986.  Again, please correct me if this is wrong.

I can export this BMG to the US as I can obtain an export permit (which is free)

I can email photos of this BMG, as it appears I cannot upload photos to this threat as I am a new member.

Please advise if there is any interest in this BMG and what if is worth to you.

Edited by Tim.P
forgot to put WTS

A few observations:

Barrel also must be "destroyed" to import specs: three bore sized holes, chamber, mid length and at muzzle. Right sideplate: three torch cuts, minimum 1/4" width, diagonally leaving four pieces.

Since no other parts are included, and you are offering only left sideplate, with top plate and bottom plate, it is hardly worth much in US with added shipping, etc. Probably a Brit .303 gun as well, which has a slightly different receiver. There are Brit ANM-2 internals, barrels, etc available in the US, but few Brit guns, so demand is very low.

There is an interest in .303 Browning links ........

it is definitely a US Browning, as I have a BSA (British) one as well, the British MK 2 Brownings have slots in the barrel jacket, this one I have listed here has circles in the barrel jacket.  I also have a rare (im told) Colt Browning MG38BT BMG

Barrel is no good as it is welded shut.

Sale would include top plate. bottom plate, left hand side plate, torch cut right hand side plate, and, if wanted the barrel and jacket

I know enough to know its worth more than scrap metal to the right person in the US

I have 303 link, not hard to find here

They dug up an old road here years ago and found 100's of Brit Mk 2's burried under the road, were suppose to be destroyed by the military at a civillian scrap metal contractor, the shredding machine broke half way through the destruction, and the MP supervising couldnt be bothered waiting for the machine to get repaired, and just said make sure they all get destroyed.  I heard quiet a few cars drove out of that facility that night and were bottoming out on the speed humps, cars must have been carrying too much weight :)

the BMG i have listed here also has anti aircraft sights on it too

If I could upload photos I would, however it keeps saying my account wont allow it

2 hours ago, BRMCII said:

Probably a Brit .303 gun as well, which has a slightly different receiver. There are Brit ANM-2 internals, barrels, etc available in the US, but few Brit guns, so demand is very low.

There is an interest in .303 Browning links ........

since I can't seem to upload photos of it here, what I can say is that has the same markings as in this link, the BMG in this link use to be mine as well, same deal, was just a receiver and barrel, was in really good condition too, I sold it for $2,500.00AUD to a local collector here, and this is definately not a Brit gun

ANM2_Steve.jpg

Posted (edited)

Value of receiver parts is higher if US ANM-2 which was not noted previously. Original US AA sights have value as well. Cut up right plate, regardless of maker is useless. ID section of the cut up plate has some value.

For legal import into the US, even if barrel is chamber welded, holes must be present. There are US ANM-2 barrels available here for US$150. Also, sideplates are being manufactured in the US for these guns. Top and bottom plates and shroud have some value, but if you can get $2500AUD for the parts, you won't get anything near that in the US.

Use of these parts In US can only be for building civilian semi-auto versions, or full auto versions restricted to government, licensed dealers and official agencies, etc. The guns generally are not very popular as either semi-autos or restricted full-autos.

Same for use of receiver and shroud parts for the MG38BT series of guns although interest might be higher for these parts as they are unusual. If you have the spade grips for this gun, they will have high value in the US as there are a number of live water cooled MG38s in the US that are registered for individuals to own that were built without the spade grips. Of the fairly small number of MG38 kits brought into the US in the late 1970s to be built into live guns, only a few had the spade grips. Might bring US$1000 or more at auction.

My suggestion would be to advertise your parts on www.gunbroker.com with a high reserve that you feel is appropriate or want and see what response you get.

Edited by BRMCII