Speaking of MP5's....

Waffen Und Bier

I inquired to this as the receiver is a 1985 and the 40 caliber didn’t come to market until 1990.....here is the response I got-

“It was a brand new Billistics registered pushpin receiver that was rebuilt and laser welded with a .40 mag well abs bolt release. You can not see the welds and it is identical to a post sample gun. This conversion could only legally be done on double push pin lowers and my understanding is that there are less than 50 of these in the country”

All good except it's in .40 and it's a RR.  As to the conversion that may be true, but you can do a parts kit on a new receiver with a sear, or a saw cut receiver by adding a shelf so there are lots of ways to get to the finish line. 

Billistics conversions are top notch, but as we've seen any RR pricing has been falling relative to sear setups.  About all I'm missing is a .40 and I passed on one recently because....it's a .40 and I have about 200 rounds of .40 and 35K of 9mm so it's a math problem.   Still a cool gun, the seller is Steve Troy...Troy industries,  good guy no problem there.

• Like 1