45ACP Uzi magazines

Ryo

I was wondering if a Uzi 9mm magazine can be modified to be used as a 45ACP magazines.. possibly by changing the follower?

Seems like 45ACP Uzi magazines are scarce and very expensive when compared to the 9mm.

I read somewhere that the magwell size was the same. Hence I was hoping the size of the magazine would be big enough for 45ACP.. though thinking about it it wouldn't make sense to make it larger and have empty space inside the magazine. 

I really didn't want to go with promag products.. though surprisingly I did hear good things with the Uzi 45 magazines.

The 45 FA kit uses the stock SMG Uzi and only changes out the barrel and bolt (and obviously the mags). The factory mags are single stack, 16 or 10 round, there are also 10 or 22 round Pro-mags in current production (I'm not a fan) and I have a 50 round suomi style drum from Troy at BarrelXchange which he no longer makes.  I also have a Chris Humphries GG lower that works great, this is a better solution to increase the round count in 45 to try to make yourself with a surplus Uzi lower and Mac 10 grip than trying to modify 9mm mags.

Actually.. I was going to chop up the Uzi grip or 3D print a similar version to work in a Reising as a magwell adapter for Uzi magazines.

I might scrap the idea since genuine Uzi 45 magazines cost just as much as Reising magazines unless I want to run Promag.

On the Reising section at 'Machinegunboards' there is a fellow making sleeves for the ProMag .45 Uzi mags so that they can be used in the Reising.  Several of us have been using them with great success in our Reisings.  It sure beats putting wear and tear on an original Reising mag and they are much less expensive than the 30rd mags.

We've been discussing ways to increase the capacity of the Promags.  Right now, 22rds is what we've got.

• Like 1