WTS: Erb MP40 $17,500 SPF

DZelenka

Charles Erb MP40 “Tube Gun”. $17,500 plus shipping. This is an MP40 built by Charles Erb on one of his receivers using a bnz 42 (Steyr) parts kit. The barrel and end cap are serial number 290 (without suffix), and Erb numbered the receiver 290E. The receiver has Erb’s signature “Dirty Bird” on the top, and its serial number is located just in front of the magazine well where a bnz serial number is traditionally found. His name and address is located below the bakelite frame so it cannot be seen when the gun is assembled. 

Below are some pictures. I included two of the stock folded against the receiver. These show the total movement in the stock. I replaced the internal stock parts with NOS parts, and it has one of the tightest lock-ups that I have found. 

Mechanically, everything is in very good to excellent condition, with no noted issues. The gun runs flawlessly. If you would like a video or any more pictures, please let me know. I can be reached at dan@dzelenkalaw.com or 504-421-1323. If you are in the area, I would be happy to let you shoot it. 

This transferable machine gun comes as shown, with one original Steyr 32rd magazine. 

The gun is on a Form 4 in Louisiana. It is owned by my trust. I am in the process of transferring it to my license so it can eForm 3 to an out of state dealer. Shipping and any subsequent transfer costs are the responsibility of the purchaser. If someone in Louisiana purchase the gun, I will cancel the transfer to my license and transfer it directly to the purchaser.

This is an NFA item. All NFA rules apply. If you are unsure of the procedures for purchasing an NFA registered weapon, please contact us, BATFE, or another reputable Class III Dealer to familiarize yourself with the process prior to bidding. 

IMG_8889.JPG

IMG_8890.JPG

IMG_8891.JPG

IMG_8892.JPG

IMG_8893.JPG

IMG_8894.JPG

IMG_8895.JPG

IMG_8896.JPG

IMG_8897.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_8899.JPG

IMG_8900.JPG