Need Help ID Large Artillery Cases

Bwana

Any artillery experts out there that can help me ID a couple of cases?  The first one is 28.5" tall x 7.5" wide (mouth).  It has some markings as shown in the pictures.  The second is still uncleaned and is 22.5" tall x 3.5" wide (roughly - at the mouth).  There are some stenciled markings and some feint stamped markings that I can try to pull out of needed.  These were some of the cases I purchased as a child in Libyan junkyards (the big ones my folks bought).  They would weigh them and sell them for scrap value.  We used to take them to a radiator repair shop that had a vat of acid where they could be dipped to clean them up.  The smaller one here is still uncleaned.  Not planning on selling - just curious after all these years to find out what I have.  We used to buy helmets at the junkyard too.  By the late 70s the German helmets had already been picked over.  Got some US, Italian and British helmets.  I will post more shells if there is someone here who can help ID them.  Thanks!

Big 1.jpg

Big 2.jpg

Big 3.jpg

Big 4.jpg

Small 1.jpg

Small 2.jpg

Small 3.jpg

That sure looks like a match.  Thank you Kevin!  I am trying to learn something new here.  The link references "separately loading" shell.  So is the projo loaded and then the primed case full of powder bags (?) is inserted like a big blank shell?  I'm curious how big did brass get before they just stuffed powder bags in with no brass?

Any clue on rarity for something like this?

I think the smaller shell is ID as a German 88 shell.  

Thanks again!