Transferables MG in Iowa?

fullautodoctor

I'm not in Iowa but I have expressed some interest in living there at various times in my life.

1. An offensive weapon is any device or instrumentality of the following types:

a. A machine gun. A machine gun is a firearm which shoots or is designed to shoot more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

2. An offensive weapon or part or combination of parts therefor shall not include the following:

b. A collector’s item. A collector’s item is any firearm other than a machine gun that by reason of its date of manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is not likely to be used as a weapon. The commissioner of public safety shall designate by rule firearms which the commissioner determines to be collector’s items and shall revise or update the list of firearms at least annually.

https://www.lawserver.com/law/state/iowa/ia-code/iowa_code_724-1

My reading of the law is: No. C&R machineguns are not allowed in Iowa, as they are "offensive" weapons. 

For what it's worth...

-KristopherH

Edited by MontanaRenegade86