Market value on Mini Uzi and MP5's

terma-nator

Hi all,

I've purchased all these about 8-10 years ago, and have seem them jump in price.

I'm planning on listing these all for sale in the coming months, (need a down payment for a house)

But I just want to be sure that I don't ask too little for them.

First is a vector (group industries) Mini Uzi 9mm. Gun has been shot and is in excellent condition.

I haven't seem one of these for sale anywhere in a long time, so I don't know what to list it for.

Next are two HK94's and one HK Sp89 with a 4 position trigger pack with a Fleming H-sear installed.

They have been remarked MP5K, MP5-N, and MP5-SD

The MP5-SD was converted and remarked by Curtis Higgins

The other two were done by Murray Urback. They have been shot and might have some light handling and/or scratches. But a refinish (not needed) would make them perfect.

I have the  MP5-N, and MP5-SD registered as SBR's but the MP5K is not registered (I just take off the stock and front vertical grip when the sear isn't installed)

I wonder what each can be sold for, and what is the best way to sell them? as a set or piecemeal?

I have many accessories and mags for all, and know from past experience that these are best sold separately.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give me with this.

after posting this question weeks ago, i have been inundated with offers and interest in buying my guns.

please stop asking me to sell them to you. I am not ready to sell them yet, and are still trying to decide what I would be selling them for. (Hence, this post!)

Edited by terma-nator
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Josey Wales said:

GunBroker.com "completed listings" is your best option for research.

+1, I agree that this would be your best research on what they actually "SELL" for.

On a side note, you did an excellent job of describing exactly what you have, most folks seem to miss or skip the details....

9 minutes ago, ScottACousino said:

What is a good sell price for a Mini Uzi?

Hard to say, mini's have always been going for a little more then full sized, and full size are going for $9500-11,000. So maybe $10,000-13,000? Depending on the bidders. I mean if you want true makers value the seller should list it for a penny. That's the only way to get true market value. $13,000 might be under market value. I don't personally value a mini Uzi at $13,000, but someone might. Just need two bidders to really want it. 

50 minutes ago, damcv62 said:

Hard to say, mini's have always been going for a little more then full sized, and full size are going for $9500-11,000. So maybe $10,000-13,000? Depending on the bidders. I mean if you want true makers value the seller should list it for a penny. That's the only way to get true market value. $13,000 might be under market value. I don't personally value a mini Uzi at $13,000, but someone might. Just need two bidders to really want it. 

Where are you seeing full size Uzi's for that price?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=531511354

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=540735370

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=540734954

1 hour ago, ScottACousino said:

And there are a couple others listed that aren't selling. They just keep relisting. So did someone want to pay that much? Maybe. Or they made a deal for less, Frank has done that before. Someone might pay that for them, but there is still quite a few uzi's listed for $11-12,000 and aren't selling. 

Edited by damcv62

On 3/22/2016 at 9:20 PM, ScottACousino said:

Since a mini uzi has always been sold for more or less 50% more than the full sized uzi, these 3 gunbroker auctions that show the selling price of more than 14,000.

Doing the math, I have an idea what to list it for now. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Full size Uzi : $12k

Mini Uzi   : $15k

Seem like FMV actual selling values to me. Of course the buyer will want to know if the mini is a bolt gun or reg. receiver.

The HK 94s have been on a tear. I'd say $6,000 for a reasonable FMV.

SP89 sear gun: $33k? ???

Folks will disagree with the above depending on whether they are buyers seeking the cheapest price or sellers seeking the highest. It's all which pointy of view. I tried to take the middle road and assume good cond gun in a person to person sell, no broker/dealer involved who by necessity needs to make $$ off it as well. 

after posting this question weeks ago, i have been inundated with offers and interest in buying my guns.

please stop asking me to sell them to you. I am not ready to sell them yet, and are still trying to decide what I would be selling them for. (Hence, this post)

Thanks for the interest.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, motorcycling951 said:

I'm curious why do the mini UZI'S sell for more than the full size one? I own a semi-auto full size uzi when I bought it back in 1998 it ran me $1300.00 came with a big box of spare parts. But with full auto ones why is the little uzi Worth more than the grown up uzi?

I think it's all about availability. There wasn't as many minis made and there isn't as many available.

• Like 1

Yea I paid thirteen hundred dollars for a semi-auto version of the full sized uzi. But it was imported by Action Arms back in the eighties, original IMI manufacturered. The guy who sold it to me was the original owner and he even gave me his original receipt for it, and he threw in a really nice case and a big box full of spare parts. Including the short 10 inch barrel which I discovered is an NFA item when installed or possessed with the carbine. I didn't want to get caught with an illegal short barreled rifle so I subsequently sold the short barrel at a gun show. Still have the uzi though. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone catch the final hammer on the full size Group UZI with a .22 kit at  the Julia auction on the 4th?   it blew $20 K . the last couple years I hire a phone for the entire auction at these houses to keep up with the madness and gather a few deals. it seems like there are 2 different worlds out there at times. I forgot to mention the FAMAS at rock island , it was only $22K for a SEMI ?