5T1K1054

Transferable selling assistance

7 posts in this topic

I'm seriously considering putting some stuff on the market.  What's my best way to divest of some transferable's without giving away 30% of the value to a large auction company? 

As an individual, I believe I could sell direct in my state of NC if the ATF approves the forms.  If not, can I send direct to an out of state dealer or do I need to involve a dealer in NC to sell and send it out?  If so, does anyone have any names for reputable Class 3 dealers here in NC?

Is there a list of good dealers anywhere?  I actually offered them to two very well known dealers and didn't get much response and these are all items that will sell.  

I can market them better than most dealers as they often have poor photos of their product, but I'm unsure exactly how to transfer and ship them out.

I don't mind paying for good service, especially if they have good market connections and can get a premium price.  What is a normal commission a dealer would charge?

Posted (edited)

List them here on Sturm. If they are on Form 4s (which I assume they are) , the weapons must ship to a dealer in the state that the buyer is in. 
   Example: last M60 I sold was a RIA Gun on a form 4. I sold it here on the boards. Buyer was from Texas. Once payment was made in full the buyer prepared the transfer paperwork using an existing copy of my form 4 as a guide for manufacture and other info.. I then completed it on my end and submitted. Once approved, the weapon was sent to the buyers dealer of choice in Texas (which is what was listed on the transfer paperwork). Once there, a from 4 from dealer to the buyer was done on their end. 
   Very simple process if all the guns you have are papered properly. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa 

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa  |  BeltFeds.Com, LLC / Stryker Defense  |  FFL 07 / 02 SOT 

Email: Sales@BeltFeds.Com      Phone: 610-983-8257      Website:  https://BeltFeds.Com 

thumbnail (1).jpg

Depending on your prices and what you have. I could just buy everything as a group and make it easy on you. 

text me if that would interest you

Mike

210-508-9192

Sell it here on Sturm.  Pay the membership for Sturm and you can sell it here for a year. Lots of MGs have passed through here.

If on a Form 4 you can have the MG transfer to a FFL dealer in the state of the buyer on a Form 4 (filled out first page only).
Or sell to a dealer and basically do the same thing.
If you find a seller in the same state, you can Form 4 it to them directly. No dealer needed.

I'm also interested in what you have to sell.

Or if they are C+R guns you can sell them to anyone in the country with a C+R license directly.  By 2036 all MG's will be C+R, many if not most already are. HTH

1 person likes this

FWIW since he is offering to buy your guns - I have sold a lot to / done a lot of business with @MTAWIL16 ... he never tried to low ball me with prices. Always was super smooth transactions on high dollar value items. 
    I have also done a lot of business in the past with @5T1K1054 . Always very smooth good transactions as well. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa  |  BeltFeds.Com, LLC / Stryker Defense  |  FFL 07 / 02 SOT 

Email: Sales@BeltFeds.Com      Phone: 610-983-8257      Website:  https://BeltFeds.Com 

thumbnail (1).jpg

Auction houses are the only winners with gun sales. Both buyer and seller usually take a big hit.

Listing them on the NFA Board is the way to go, especially if your prices are reasonable.