Anyone have experience with M2HB optic sight DCL120 by DI Optical

daninnm

The model number is for a heads up red dot sight for 12.7mm .50 Browning with a range knob for adjusting the impact range of the dot.  They make red dot sights for 50-762-556 heavy and LMGs with range knobs to adjusting the red dot.   DI Optical sold some 1000 of the DCL120s to the US military for use in Afghanistan back in the 2007s or so.  Anyone use or heard of issues or how this sight worked on the Ma Deuce?  Also interested in info on the DCL110 and DCL100s made for SAW and other LMGs in the two smaller calibers.    Anyone ever use the DCL110 or DCL100?  Recoil issues?  Not seen one for sale in forever - any in private hands?

Edited by daninnm
spelling

This is Definetely the wrong board for this and is likely gonna get zapped  .... but.... to answer your question, I have had multiple 110s .... the ones below we use for 50s , 240 (for aircraft applications) , miniguns etc.... great optics .... used by us military as well as other allied forces.
   Very easy to make adjustments with it, huge reticle but not to big for easy target acquisition ....

in my opinion the 120 is to big. It is absolutely gigantic ... the 110 is more then large enough to get the job done. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

8U1XN0S.jpg

oVEncjK.jpg

NQyb4k8.jpg

4xhmCgp.jpg

pZfchdE.jpg
W5rUTb2.jpg

ZqO2QNS.jpg

qp0gq2H.jpg

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa
  • Like 1

I wanted to get one of those.. but couldn't figure out where to buy one.. I might still want to get one (110) if someone has a supplier..

So I ended up buying a Spuhr BAM which utilizes a Aimpoint CompM4 and a Aimpoint magnifier. Like anything Spuhr, it's a quality piece of work.

https://www.spuhr.biz/bam-ballistic-adjustable-mount

I bought mine from Mile High Shooting since I had a account with them.

Edited by Ryo

I noticed that the DCL120 was sort of large on the M2HB in their literatures...but I get that I don't need great target acquisition since what I shoot at hardly moves or dodges:D. the 110-3x looks like the one for my HK21 and the M2HBs

Anyone ever look at the newer  FCS13RE by Aimpoint?  It look like a candidate for my Ma Deuces too,  if the price is in the same ballpark?! And then there is the also new digital/video technology represented by the Intelli-Optics MGS - that thing looks like it could be mounted on anything.  I'd like to consider those two as well as the DCL 11o-3x but the Trijicon is way out  there with the 3x option on cost alone....

@daninnm I suspect you’d be very happy with a 110 for those two guns. Perfect size. These are night vision compatible as well. An all around good optic. Like the trijicons, These are also very very costly / hard to find...

Both these and the trijicons are proven Optics and have been used hard by the military / militaries ... I went with the DCLs because I just liked the look of the optic better then the trijicons.. that’s just me though 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa 

I have never used a 100 so I am not sure on those.....The medium machine guns we run use (depending on what we are doing) Elcan M145s, Eotechs , trijicon 6x48s , Trijicon ACOGs, or the 110s ... I have found all of those hold up great to the violent firing cycles. Again all used by the Military and battle proven optics. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

j7Cp2Xn.jpg

TmzVBHC.jpg

duIYfCH.jpg

pmWKUWE.jpg

fk6QZRc.jpg

Dealer samples are very reasonable, which is the reason I got this one. 

Of course I went overboard on my setup... 

Post war MG3 LAFETTE.. Maybe one day I might find an affordable MG34 Lafette or even a MG34 Lafette for sale. :(

I would love to get a MG42 to go along with this. 

If you do get the MG34, BRP sells a nice 308 kit that worked in my MG34. 

3iBqk0W.jpg

Edited by Ryo

How do you get the 4X flip up when the DCL110-3x only lists the 3x telescope......4x would certainly be more useful than 3x.  Is it an option?????

OR IS THAT A DIFFERENT SIGHT THAN THE DCL110????  is GDR the manufacturer? or user?  $2000 is a better price than I have seen the DCL110-3x selling for!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2021 at 1:11 PM, daninnm said:

The model number is for a heads up red dot sight for 12.7mm .50 Browning with a range knob for adjusting the impact range of the dot.  They make red dot sights for 50-762-556 heavy and LMGs with range knobs to adjusting the red dot.   DI Optical sold some 1000 of the DCL120s to the US military for use in Afghanistan back in the 2007s or so.  Anyone use or heard of issues or how this sight worked on the Ma Deuce?  Also interested in info on the DCL110 and DCL100s made for SAW and other LMGs in the two smaller calibers.    Anyone ever use the DCL110 or DCL100?  Recoil issues?  Not seen one for sale in forever - any in private hands?

I’ve got one that I’ve used on my Ma Duece. I’m selling all of my collection so let me know if you’re interested and what you’d be willing to pay.

Jim Eley, FFL/SOT Columbus guns@eley.us or text to 6one four 537353nine.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 7:27 PM, daninnm said:

WHAT ABOUT A DCL 100 for the HK21 and a DCL 110-3X for the Ma Deuce?  Found two companies that have stock and decent prices

The 100s are good to go, smaller, lighter, NV features and a lot cheaper then the 110s. Have 2 100Ms and never had an issue as well as I have a 110-3x in FDE. DI/GRD make damn good optics. Shame though last I heard DI US is no more so doesn't look like we are getting anymore new or current DI optics stateside

5 hours ago, daninnm said:

did you buy one   or   two?  great optical devices for the 50.....love the 200 yd increment knob on the DCL!!!!   It works great out to 1200 yards - farthest I have range for!!!!

I personally have 3 of DI's MG optics and 6 other DIs. One DCL-110 3x in FDE(harder to find I was told by a person who worked there) and 2 DCL-100Ms. DI knows how to make great MG optics and their other optics too are great! Was lucky to get a ODL-2!!! Been thinking of selling some of them maybe but on the fence

Edited by Wolf11B
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 4:54 PM, Wolf11B said:

I personally have 3 of DI's MG optics and 6 other DIs. One DCL-110 3x in FDE(harder to find I was told by a person who worked there) and 2 DCL-100Ms. DI knows how to make great MG optics and their other optics too are great! Was lucky to get a ODL-2!!! Been thinking of selling some of them maybe but on the fence

I believe your right that the FDE is hard to find. I just purchased couple of them for evaluation and was told I could get it in any color as long as it was black. 

Also the DSL110-4X is not an option to purchase either since they were sold for testing/evaluation. Very jealous of Aaron having it in FDE. :D

• Like 2

On 12/14/2021 at 6:07 AM, Ryo said:

I believe your right that the FDE is hard to find. I just purchased couple of them for evaluation and was told I could get it in any color as long as it was black. 

Also the DSL110-4X is not an option to purchase either since they were sold for testing/evaluation. Very jealous of Aaron having it in FDE. :D

I am more then certain it is, everywhere I looked never found FDEs for sale or anyone ever saying they were getting FDEs. Never seen a DSL110-4x so had to be as you stated them being only for testing/evaluation. Very happy to have mine in FDE!

I want to say I bought 6 of these. Out of those 6, I was offered two FDE ones with 4x magnifiers like pictured above in my post…. I was told they were military contract over run. (Which I believe 100 percent) … Never sold or made to sell to general public…. I believe the 4x magnifier was a requirement for the contract 

• Like 1

DI Optical USA is an interesting outfit.. Very small company, I think, but been around since 2012. If people here didn't have experience with them, I would feel like I'm getting scammed. They are having antigun CC service providers issues and I'm caught in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Ryo said:

What do you mean finished? I recently ordered some from DI Optical USA.. still awaiting for them to ship.

Oh so can only order by calling or emailing? Just never seen any of their optics get restocked on different sites but for on European sites.

I contacted them and they said they only sold to LEO and Military so if your just a civilian, they won't be selling to you.. I went back and forth and gave them a lot of information to get approval from their home office to be able to purchase some. I look forward in getting them..