NOS Four (4) WALTHER 32rd. MAC 10/9, MP 9mm magazines

Four (4) NOS WALTHER 32 rd. MP 9mm magazines. $600.00 / $20.00 Priority Mail, fully insured, and tracking. Wells Fargo check, Post Office money order, Zelle priority shipping. Personal check held.  Any questions please PM me. Thank you for looking.

Alan 

PS The Walther MP 9mm fit Power Springs M10/9 9mm. 

20210214_075933.jpg

20210214_080013.jpg

20210214_080052.jpg

20210214_080129.jpg

20210214_080243.jpg

20210214_080335.jpg

Edited by POLLC
To correct Tags...
  • Like 1

I have a book THE MAC MAN by Frank Iannamico and Don Thomas published 2011. According to them The Military Armament Corporation imported the 32 round Walther MPL 9mm submachine gun magazines from Germany. Slight modifications were made to the magazines to adapt them to fit and function in the Model 10.Some have the MAC/Cobray logo on them, some do not but all have MP 9mm or MPL stamped on the side. The photos in the book show those markings on the back of the magazine. The early modified ones have a rectangular stop welded to the side. The newer ones had the magazine stops press punched into the body like what you see on an MPL but lower on the body like in your photos. It looks to me that you have the  ones with just the MP 9mm stamp. I have 10 that look just like yours but are marked with the MAC/Cobray logo on the front. They function flawlessly in my Powder Springs M10. 

Edited by Ingram
Adding more Information
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 2:23 PM, Ingram said:

I have a book THE MAC MAN by Frank Iannamico and Don Thomas published 2011. According to them The Military Armament Corporation imported the 32 round Walther MPL 9mm submachine gun magazines from Germany. Slight modifications were made to the magazines to adapt them to fit and function in the Model 10.Some have the MAC/Cobray logo on them, some do not but all have MP 9mm or MPL stamped on the side. The photos in the book show those markings on the back of the magazine. The early modified ones have a rectangular stop welded to the side. The newer ones had the magazine stops press punched into the body like what you see on an MPL but lower on the body like in your photos. It looks to me that you have the  ones with just the MP 9mm stamp. I have 10 that look just like yours but are marked with the MAC/Cobray logo on the front. They function flawlessly in my Powder Springs M10. 

Are the mags with the logo early production you think? Or is it just random luck? I have a few myself with the MAC logo on them.

I think it's just random luck. I pulled my mags out of my safe today and looked at them. I have two that came with the gun. One has the MAC/Cobray logo on it, and one does not. Both have the MP9 mm mark on them. I have some others I purchased from from Ruben Mendiola back in 1999 that have both the MAC/Cobray logo and the MP9 mm markings. I've read that some had a number or letter underneath the MAC/Cobray logo. Look up the Small Arms review article.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ingram said:

I think it's just random luck. I pulled my mags out of my safe today and looked at them. I have two that came with the gun. One has the MAC/Cobray logo on it, and one does not. Both have the MP9 mm mark on them. I have some others I purchased from from Ruben Mendiola back in 1999 that have both the MAC/Cobray logo and the MP9 mm markings. I've read that some had a number or letter underneath the MAC/Cobray logo. Look up the Small Arms review article.

Ya mine have a number 4 on them...The small arms article review is on this forum?

1 hour ago, theMexican said:

Ya mine have a number 4 on them...The small arms article review is on this forum?

My book shows that some were marked with a number 4 and a letter Q. No, the Small Arms review article isn't on this forum. You'll have to google MAC 10 Magazines, and look for MAGs for MACs to find it. I see you're from Marietta GA! What's it like there? That's were Military Armament Corporation moved to after closing their Powder Springs operation.

6 hours ago, Ingram said:

My book shows that some were marked with a number 4 and a letter Q. No, the Small Arms review article isn't on this forum. You'll have to google MAC 10 Magazines, and look for MAGs for MACs to find it. I see you're from Marietta GA! What's it like there? That's were Military Armament Corporation moved to after closing their Powder Springs operation.

I'm one of the few who was  actually born and raised in Georgia. I grew up in and around Marietta. Its a larger city now , nothing like Atlanta but larger than I remember it as a kid. I wasn't old enough to have been able to visit the facility when it was around. But know exactly where it was at and have driven by many,many times.Marietta is a smaller town in COBB county that has a lot gun stores and family owned small business's. I was fortunate enough to have a friend that was older, he told me stories about driving down to MAC HQ and picking up his MAC back in the 70's. I was able to shoot that MAC10 years ago. He had never shot it since he received it directly from them. His setup, which I have not seen again had a factory soft side carry case with MAC logo. Inside of it was retention straps with mags,fake Suppressor, and the MAC10 itself.If I remember correctly he told me that he paid around $200-$250 for it back in 1972-73ish time frame.

• Like 2

The magazine pictured are indeed the "Walther" mags for 9mm MAC 10, but they won't work in a Walther MPL  because the stop tabs are in a different location. As far as Cobray markings some magazines have them, some do not. I have seen 1971-72 era boxes of 4 NIW magazines, some were Cobray marked some were not. From my observations, most were NOT cobra marked.  

Here is a link to the magazine article. 

https://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=1814

Link for the MAC MAN book everything you need to know about MACs; Powder Springs, Marrietta, RPB, SWD, Texas Macs, NJ MACs etc. semi and subguns

https://www.chipotlepublishing.com/product/the-mac-man-gordon-b-ingram-and-his-submachine-guns/

Edited by Frank Iannamico
  • Like 3

Frank, thank you for a clear and concise explanation. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this post.  I also apologize to anyone I might have misled. Thank you again.

Alan dba POLLC 

PS  I also want to thank everyone that responded to this post.  PM's was sent to everyone to thank everyone individually.

11 hours ago, Frank Iannamico said:

The magazine pictured are indeed the "Walther" mags for 9mm MAC 10, but they won't work in a Walther MPL  because the stop tabs are in a different location. As far as Cobray markings some magazines have them, some do not. I have seen 1971-72 era boxes of 4 NIW magazines, some were Cobray marked some were not. From my observations, most were NOT cobra marked.  

Here is a link to the magazine article. 

https://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=1814

Link for the MAC MAN book everything you need to know about MACs; Powder Springs, Marrietta, RPB, SWD, Texas Macs, NJ MACs etc. semi and subguns

https://www.chipotlepublishing.com/product/the-mac-man-gordon-b-ingram-and-his-submachine-guns/

Thanks for passing that article along, it cleared up a lot of questions along the way I would wonder to myself:

"why in the hell would they take perfectly good mags to start with and modify them?"

Well, the all mighty $$$$ strikes again! hahaha ( I should have known better ) All this being said, I think Im going to use my RPB mags a little more often and give the OEM mags a rest.... The MAC MAN book is on its way also!

14 hours ago, theMexican said:

Thanks for passing that article along, it cleared up a lot of questions along the way I would wonder to myself:

"why in the hell would they take perfectly good mags to start with and modify them?"

Well, the all mighty $$$$ strikes again! hahaha ( I should have known better ) All this being said, I think Im going to use my RPB mags a little more often and give the OEM mags a rest.... The MAC MAN book is on its way also!

Why would they modify existing magazines? Several reasons...  1.They didn't have to bother designing a new magazine... not an easy process. The 9mm MAC 10 used modified "Walther" magazines, the .45 caliber MAC 10 used modified M3 Grease Gun magazines. Why modify them? Because non-modified surplus magazines would not fit, so you would have to buy the modified mags from MAC. 

The Walther 9mm MAC 10 magazines MAY have been made/modified at the Walther factory for MAC, because of the stop tabs location. On Original MPL magazines, the stop tabs are near the top of the magazine, MAC Walther magazines the tabs are much lower, and MOST MPL magazines have the Walther banner trademark on them, MAC mags are simply marked MP 9mm (and some with the Cobray trademark).  On the MAC mags there is no evidence that the top located tabs were ever there, The Walther - MAC connection is somewhat of a mystery, there has been no documented evidence found to explain it.  Compare images of the MPL mags to the MAC mags offered for sale.   

Walther 2.jpgWalther.jpgWALTHER 3.jpg

Edited by Frank Iannamico
  • Like 1

Frank, thank you for a clear and concise explanation. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this post.  I also apologize to anyone I might have misled. Thank you again.

Alan dba POLLC 

PS  I also want to thank everyone that responded to this post.  PM's was sent to everyone to thank everyone individually.

SPF

Edited by POLLC
Spell check...