SIG 550/551 Collectors Dream Package

Alpine

This package is a 25+ year cumulative collection of one of the finest military  firearms ever produced.

Before responding, please read, and understand the entire post.

Up for sale is a complete package consisting of one Preban NIB SIG 550-2 (one of only ~440 imported), and one Preban NIB SIG 551-2 (one of only ~50 imported).  Both rifles are as shipped from SIGARMS Inc, Herndon, VA in styrofoam box with cardboard sleeve, and complete with original factory accessories, which includes two 20-round magazines, cleaning kit, manual, web sling, and stripper clip guide.

As a bonus, each rifle is also offered with the correct and original Swiss transit case, which has rubber bumper guards that keep the rifle suspended in the case.  These are not to be confused with the Swiss aftermarket cases without the rubber bumper guards, less compartments, and/or the case that requires the bolt to be held open in order to store the rifle, and close the case.  The transit cases are in excellent condition, without any major scuffs, scratches, dented corners, or broken/missing hardware or feet.  Keys are included.  Also included with each rifle is a SIG factory snap-on cheek riser, B&T Picatinny rail, new in the factory box, and an original issue Swiss Army Knife that has the sight adjustment tool, etc.

The SIG 550-2 comes with a very rare, and correct military contract Hensoldt ZF 6x42 BL scope, and correct SIG contract QD scope mount.  The correct Hendsoldt scope manual and small cleaning kit are also provided.  Please do not confuse this scope with the commercial variant that has a basic plex reticle.  This military variant scope is a ranging/and hold-over style reticle designed specifically for the SIG 550 series rifle, shooting the Swiss GP90 62-gr military ammunition.

***Additional parts, accessories, etc. are included as part of the complete package, such as an original armourer manual, spare parts kit (firing pin, takedown pins, and misc. springs, and other parts), stripper clip guide for the GP90 plastic stripper clips, updated butt stock with breakaway mold cut, updated 551 forearm, etc.  One 14+" 551-2 barrel with front sight/gas block and updated ceramic spacer that came from a demil kit.  It is in excellent condition with good throat and rifling.  I also have numerous 20-round and 30-round magazines, in excess of 20+ units, and one SIG 550 military correct bayonet.  And the best part of the accessories package, I have a sealed ammo can of Swiss GP90 ammo (1000-rounds)

$35,000 plus actual shipping/insurance cost for the complete package.

***I will consider offers for individual rifles, but the extra accessories outside of those specifically offered with each rifle will not be available with a single rifle purchase, nor will I be open to negotiate the sale of those accessories.

Cashiers Check, USPS Money Order, or Personal Checks only.  Nothing will ship until funds have cleared my end.  No electronic fund transfers.  Sale only to US residents, shipped CONUS.

Rifles will ship from me (individual/non-FFL).  If required to ship from an FFL, add $50 transfer fee per rifle, and the understanding I'm not responsible for any damage, mishandling, poor packaging, missing accessories, etc. once I turn it over to the FFL, nor any refunds will be available.

Ideally, since I do not have easy access to the internet, and easier for the potential buyer to do, is provide either prepaid labels for all items, or provide an existing account number for your preferred shipping company.  I have only access to FedEx and UPS at my location.

I live in the Mountains, so I have no internet at home, and have to rely on poor cell coverage for internet.  I can text (via cell) pictures to serious buyers.  Please email me for more information and quicker response.

To all potential scammers, I will not send pictures with serial numbers shown.  They will covered with my user name.

I have been on Sturmgewer, buying and selling with the same user name since 1999, but have only recently become a paid member as I have had more interest in long range precision shooting, and have limited my visibility here the last few years.  You can look back to the August timeframe and see other rifles I have sold, and I can provide further references if needed.

As far as trades, as someone always asks;

2015 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, with V6, manual transmission, and access cab (shorter cab with longer bed only). No rust, no body damage, low milage. TRD would be a bonus.  No other vehicle variations.

New, or as new Polaris Ranger two-person model 1000cc, snow tracks would be a bonus.

Schmidt and Bender PM II 3-20x50, CCW turrets, MSR reticle.

Schmidt and Bender Ultra Short 3-20x50, DT+(plus) CCW turrets, MSR reticle.

Schmidt and Bender PM II 5-25x56, DT+ (plus)  CCW turrets, MSR reticle.

Retumbo reloading powder.

Structural grade (better than grade 1 select)  Douglas Fir lumber, 2x6, 2x8, and 2x12 (x16+L).

BCX 5/8 and 3/4 plywood.

Foamular 250 insulation,  4x8 sheets (1-1/2 and 2"  thick).

Edited by Alpine
Updated
  • Like 1