gftiv

MG34 Ejector Plate

3 posts in this topic

I have a MG34 premay. The ejector plate keeps loosening up. I keep tightening the screws and staking them in place. still works loose. Gun runs good when plate is tight.

Options. Massive staking? New screws? Loctite, Red or Blue? Other?

Blue loctite first with proper staking, if that fails red with staking.  Do you have the correct screws?  Or did someone get to it before you?   Any movement in the plate is an epic fail which is why its keyed in so well.  If the plate doesn't fit tight in the receiver to begin with, the screws and loctite will not help.  Normally I just repair the original plate because I know it fits.

HTH

Check those screws to see if they are the right ones.  The MG34 I have had the wrong top cover screw, hence everytime I shot it, it popped out. The used a non metric screw that was too small.. and was soft metal so I even stripped it!  Most frustrating thing consider that you can't find top cover screws.  Ended up buying a wide head metric screw and threw it on a lathe and oxidized it (I'll do it right later).  Opps.. turned into a rant.  O.o  Just saying that if it gets loose too easily, then possibly it is the wrong screw.