Biden will confiscate NFA first?

SCDIGGER

I have had several registered machine guns and was thinking about buying another. One thing they can do is just say they can be transferred anymore. I never thought I would see this day. My Dad talked about bringing his Winchester collection into his high school for hobby day, lol. That was probably right during WW2.

He will have a legal battle to confiscate NFA items. I would imagine some of his supporters have expensive NFA items.. and would be up in arms about it.

Now if he targeted specific NFA items, possible, but I would imagine it too would have a legal battle as well. I truly hope we don't have a Clinton style assault weapons ban again.

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” 

Robert A. Heinlein

I am not too worried at this point.

-Kristopher

Edited by MontanaRenegade86

20 minutes ago, hkg3k said:

Liberals / Progressives view the NFA as a success...if anything, they want to expand it.

I think you're quite right.  Didn't Biden say he wanted to put "assault" weapons on the NFA? I still can't believe he won. God forbid if something happens to him and the VP took over. 
Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

On 2/10/2021 at 0:46 PM, mheck said:

That's exactly what he said he wanted to do.... Semi auto's registered like NFA's.

Don't see it happening.  That means they would have to make up an entirely new classification of NFA guns, then randomly select which ones go in to that classification and effecitvely ban them.  With millions of people suddenly as new gun owners I don't see how they get something like that to pass.....just before midterm elections.....which are just around the corner as primary challengers start announcing by Sept.   They have a 5 seat majority in the house.  In the next few months a couple will die, a couple child molesters will be outed, etc. barely holding on.  Gas prices are skyrocketing, companies are seeing the obamaconomy coming and cutting back, several segments of the economy are still in a shambles, they laid off cops already, and the bill is coming due for a lot of cities and states that kept spending with minimal tax revenue coming in.  

Gun talk is a nice distraction for the nutcase base, but I don't see anything passing.  They will be passing mostly greenhouse gas for a while while we have them fenced in at the capital.  Trump actually ordered the fence....to keep them from getting out.

Biden wants to add AR15s to the Nfa.  How can he confiscate machine guns and then think anyone will add semi rifles to the Nfa.  As it is 50% won’t add them.  If he takes FA then 75% won’t listen 

one idea is to reimburse FA owners. They could pay 2x value.  $ is nothing to them.  A billion would buy them all. They just print it. They could stop teansfers(my guess at what they’d do) in 40 years they’d all be gone. No idea what would stop them from all disappearing after the owners death.  

Edited by huggytree

On 2/4/2021 at 4:11 PM, Ryo said:

I think you're quite right.  Didn't Biden say he wanted to put "assault" weapons on the NFA? I still can't believe he won. God forbid if something happens to him and the VP took over. 
Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Kamala's just "Biden" her time......Thought that one up myself.

The supreme court made its ruling & recently it was on MarketWatch again they refuse to rule on more gun laws

When will they push to overturn the NRA sold us out law in 1986?

Federal Govt cannot ban weapons its up to the individual states to dictate its laws the second protects us so they they say?

Biden has his plate full of other BS Iran / Afghanistan / Russia / China / N Korea just few things more important than you & I blasting away in our backyards ;)  Just my .02  

• 1 month later...