Anyone seeing new availability ammo or components?

R.L.

Not that it's any true measure of what's out there, but the Walmart in Skowhegan, Maine STILL has virtually nothing in the way of ammunition. No .22, 9mm, 40 Smith, .38, .357 30/06 or .308.

Just 2 boxes of 12 gage hunting shells.

Dealers up here have zero firearms inventory, or close to nothing. Mostly trade in stuff from those short on cash for the winter or models nobody wants.

I just heard that someone locally had primers for .45 EACH for sale by the 1K. Of course somebody bought them out and no more for sale.

Not that I'd pay that absurd price.

R.L.

I stopped by Cabelas one time a month ago and I was so luck I scored 500rd 9mm. I would have bought more but it was limited to a box.

Every distributor I have has all popular firearms and ammo listed as out of stock or allocated. I pretty much only have been able to get obscure stuff like Surefire OBC off of the allocation list.  ¬¬

Right now I need 45ACP badly.  Probably have to post up some of my other ammo to trade for it.

A lot of us older types have been stockpiling ammo for decades, I know I have. Having seen this happen before, you learn after the first time.

Unfortunately not everyone has done the same and since ammo is pretty rare these days, it creates the condition that the liberal/deep state want. It creates a condition where you have weaponry , but no ability to use it if you either want to, or need to.

But this is the second time this has happened in an election year. Once by the bathhouse queer, now right before Pedo Joe takes office. No coincidences here.

Problem for me is what everything is going to look like after this senile retard starts making E.O.'s regarding guns, ammo and components The things I've heard are just absurd. Makes you think though.

The oil industry is a far more integral part of our economy and the world economy. Didn't faze this senile retard a bit, he destroyed it without a second thought.

Think he'll give more consideration to firearms and the industry, let alone our CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHTS?

Think about that, then sit up at night worrying like I do!

R.L.

• Like 1

What gets me are the two kinds of idiots and how they respond to ammo shortage.

The ones who line up at Cabela's and Bass Pro every morning at 0800 and stampede when

the doors open and if they have any ammo its all gone in 15 minutes. The others who actually

pay $1.00 a round for 9mm ball when it shows up an hour later on gunboards and armslist. This

whole thing would stop in 2 weeks if dumbasses would just quit paying ridiculous prices for online ammo.

Theres always some who insist on going full retard.?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

I don't see any relief anytime soon. January 2021 had a record number of NICS checks (4.3M). Assuming that in each of those the buyer only wants 1 50rd box of ammo, that represents demand for another 200+M rounds of ammo. That doesn't include any demand from existing gun owners. It's going to take a while for the manufacturers to catch up given that they are still falling further behind. 

Spoke with my sales rep today for several brands of commercial ammo. He thinks it will be a year or year and a half before things are smoothed out in the ammo supply chain. The manufacturers are working overtime to fill demand. Saw a recent video from the CEO of CCI. They are churning out ammo, and have hired and are training new employees, but it will be a while before they catch up.

Be aware, there are online auction sites springing up (other than gunbroker) that are buying ammo at Walmart and other retail stores, then posting it on online line auction sites for ABSURD prices.

These site owners are paying people to stand in line to buy so they can reauction it for astronomical prices.

How do I know this, well for one I know a guy personally that has an online auction site based in Virginia. 

He told me what he was doing, which I find rather disgusting, but hey I'm old school. I don't believe in dicking over fellow gun owners for a buck.

I understand people have free will to buy or not, but taking advantage of a perfectly good crisis, smacks' of the same type of F.U. and hurray for me mentality the democrats are well known for in congress.

So do we stoop to their levels now too? Pretty sad.

This guy is a gun guy and hunter too and pays for his Alaska and overseas hunting trips with the blood $$ he makes screwing fellow gun owners. I'll probably catch flak for this post, but I still think it's in very poor taste and extremely selfish to employ this type of sales tactic against fellow gun owners, especially during these times of political persecution and eminent radical firearms and ammo legislation.

FWIW,

R.L.

Yeah.. there are people doing this for PS5 and other stuff.  I bet there are bots making fast purchases.  

I was on RSR website and ammo was surprising available.. I just caught it when they updated their inventory.  The time it took to put the ammo in my in my cart and checkout.. it was down to 1 box.. even that was gone. :(

I just want to buy some ammo for personal use..

So my first attempt to purchase a 330 rnd box of .22 ammo today was a fail. Every box at Walmart gone before they hit the shelves. They are not limiting ammo purchases at the  Skowhegan Maine Walmart, so the piece of shit gunbroker resale types are buying it all at one time for resale online.

Hopefully, There is a special place in hell for these ammo resale maggots.

R.L.

39 minutes ago, R.L. said:

So my first attempt to purchase a 330 rnd box of .22 ammo today was a fail. Every box at Walmart gone before they hit the shelves. They are not limiting ammo purchases at the  Skowhegan Maine Walmart, so the piece of shit gunbroker resale types are buying it all at one time for resale online.

R.L.

My Walmart is so out of stock that they don't even bother having an attendant there anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 1:39 PM, R.L. said:

R.L.

If there was any good way to ship out of Alaska, I'd just send you a couple bricks. But, you pretty much have to ship a pallet load for it to work out.

• Like 1

Afternoon gents. I've been offline for a while. Still suffering a bit after losing my friend Mike Todd. Really took the wind out of my sails. On top of that I just got news I must start IV treatments again at the cancer clinic here in Maine, so my mood has been a little dark here lately. Weather ain't helping much either.

On a bright side. I want to thank everyone that has offered to help me out with .22 ammo . I was really shocked to see offers coming in from strangers that don't even know me. I was just sharing my experience, nothing more. I never expected this.

I knew we always had some of the best people here on Sturm, but these  generous offers just humbled me to the point of tears. I'm not going to compromise the privacy of these generous folks by using names, but I want you to know I really appreciate the offers to help me out. I've never been on a gun board that has the quality of people this board has. Sturm is an amazing place.

Thank you David, Andy, fellow board members..

R.L.

• Like 4

R.L.

Sturm does have some really great people. I was looking for 32ACP and someone helped out at pre crazy pricing which was refreshing.

Stay strong. You'll be in my prayers on getting back on the road of being healthy.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 3:15 AM, Ryo said:

Wow.. nice. Did you buy from Cabelas online?  I usually see it's out of stock there.

Yes. It was out of stock online as well, but an hour later it was available...Extreme 9mm, 500 rounds, 147 gr RN plated, $49. Got two, (all I was allowed) and shipping was free.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, CandRHolder said:

Spoke to a manufacturer 3 weeks ago.  No shortage of components, shifts working 24/7 and adding more employees as available..  Estimation to have stocking levels back is 12-18 months.  Too many new Gun Owners for not enough Stock.

R.L Let me know if the other Guys don't come through with the CCI 22LR.

• Like 1

Thanks so much. There is a Sturm member here that came through in a big way. Since the last post I have temporarily( I hope) lost mobility and I'm stuck inside my home. Having a few rounds to lob out of my bedroom window at the cans I have hanging outside, breaks up the boredom of the day. I live in a very rural area, so no safety issues.

I am very thankful for the thoughtfulness and generosity of all that offered to help. Acts like this renew your faith in mankind.

R.L.

Thank you, I appreciate the well wishes.

Unfortunately the truth of the matter is, I can't get better. I have no ability to produce red blood cells. I must have IV injections. If I can just maintain my status now I'll manage to have a life. 

The chronic blood issue is forever. I must get treatments now for the rest of my life, every three months, once a week 2 weeks in a row.

It's not so bad. The medical folk here in Maine have been fantastic. They care, are friendly, they do what they say they will do and so far have been just great.

On the other hand my oncologist in Virginia gave me false hope and bad information. They told me I was cured before I left for the new house.....they either lied or are incompetent.

By March 25th I was in the critical zone for blood balance. Had my first IV treatment yesterday.

Not only that once the Virginia Cancer Center realized that they would not be doing the infusions and only getting a $50 copay, instead of the $10K for the procedure, they left me hanging.

My oncologist of 5 years refused to send an order to my new cancer center here in Maine for the IV treatment and said good luck. Even though Redington Fairfield Hospital said they would honor the order! The oncologist said he was "uncomfortable" doing it. Which is b.s., they were more interested in the procedure $$$ than my health.

About 3 weeks ago I could not walk for a week out of nowhere. I'm still walking with difficulty. This came out of the blue friends. I can't stress how important it is for you younger guys to make sure you have doctors and go for tests every once in a while, not years. I thought I was invincible too, never sick, strong as an ox, maybe stupid as one sometimes too.

Have ekg's, blood work, MRI's, GET TESTED!!! Bad stuff like this can strike you out of nowhere. You MUST stay on top of your health proactively. I'm hoping to be back on top health wise by May or June at the latest.

Time and God will tell.

Cheers,

R.L.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to stop at the local Sportsman's Warehouse for ammo but it got to be a waste of time so I stopped going months ago.  Due to recent issues with bobcats and democrats in my area I decided I needed to mount a gun rack on my tractor.  I always have a gun in the truck but when I'm bush hogging, chainsawing, etc, the truck is not close by.  I stopped by SW today to get some ATV gun mounts for the Kubota and the ammo situation has improved but nothing that I couldn't live without.  I was pleasantly surprised when the young man behind the counter asked if I needed any large pistol primers.  Well hell yes I'll take some primers.

Kevin in NC

Rabid bobcat a few miles to my west.  I have furry critters in my woods from squirrels to bears and everything in between.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/04/27/north-carolina-couple-bobcat-attack-received-rabies-shots/7392224002/

A few miles to my east.  They took the guns and money so I assume they were democrats.

https://www.wect.com/2021/02/01/arrested-sought-after-allegedly-robbing-group-duck-hunters-pender-county/