R.L.

Anyone seeing new availability ammo or components?

16 posts in this topic

Not that it's any true measure of what's out there, but the Walmart in Skowhegan, Maine STILL has virtually nothing in the way of ammunition. No .22, 9mm, 40 Smith, .38, .357 30/06 or .308.

Just 2 boxes of 12 gage hunting shells.

Dealers up here have zero firearms inventory, or close to nothing. Mostly trade in stuff from those short on cash for the winter or models nobody wants.

I just heard that someone locally had primers for .45 EACH for sale by the 1K. Of course somebody bought them out and no more for sale.

Not that I'd pay that absurd price.

R.L.

I only accept  PAYPAL  ZELLE or US Postal Money Orders.

Paypal / ZELLE  Required within 24 hours / US Postal Money Orders Required within 5 days

Email me DIRECTLY at   buddyhinton@hotmail.com

NO PM's or IM's 

Main Link to My Picture Albums >>  http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/

" Life's Tough ..... it's even Tougher if you're Stupid "

" My gun is not illegal .... it's just undocumented !  "

" Is calling an illegal alien an " undocumented immigrant " like calling a drug dealer an Unlicensed Pharmacist ? "

2014.STG.Logo.jpg

I stopped by Cabelas one time a month ago and I was so luck I scored 500rd 9mm. I would have bought more but it was limited to a box.

Every distributor I have has all popular firearms and ammo listed as out of stock or allocated. I pretty much only have been able to get obscure stuff like Surefire OBC off of the allocation list.  ¬¬

Right now I need 45ACP badly.  Probably have to post up some of my other ammo to trade for it.

A lot of us older types have been stockpiling ammo for decades, I know I have. Having seen this happen before, you learn after the first time.

Unfortunately not everyone has done the same and since ammo is pretty rare these days, it creates the condition that the liberal/deep state want. It creates a condition where you have weaponry , but no ability to use it if you either want to, or need to.

But this is the second time this has happened in an election year. Once by the bathhouse queer, now right before Pedo Joe takes office. No coincidences here.

Problem for me is what everything is going to look like after this senile retard starts making E.O.'s regarding guns, ammo and components The things I've heard are just absurd. Makes you think though.

The oil industry is a far more integral part of our economy and the world economy. Didn't faze this senile retard a bit, he destroyed it without a second thought.

Think he'll give more consideration to firearms and the industry, let alone our CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHTS?

Think about that, then sit up at night worrying like I do!

R.L.

1 person likes this

You know  what  to do , this is no surprise. 

What gets me are the two kinds of idiots and how they respond to ammo shortage.

The ones who line up at Cabela's and Bass Pro every morning at 0800 and stampede when

the doors open and if they have any ammo its all gone in 15 minutes. The others who actually

pay $1.00 a round for 9mm ball when it shows up an hour later on gunboards and armslist. This

whole thing would stop in 2 weeks if dumbasses would just quit paying ridiculous prices for online ammo.

Theres always some who insist on going full retard.?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

I learned my lesson in 2012-2013. Buy cheap, stack deep.

-KristopherH

Target sports been dropping 9mm like crazy today decent price to.

I'll have to keep a eye on them.. Prices they list are reasonable. 

I don't see any relief anytime soon. January 2021 had a record number of NICS checks (4.3M). Assuming that in each of those the buyer only wants 1 50rd box of ammo, that represents demand for another 200+M rounds of ammo. That doesn't include any demand from existing gun owners. It's going to take a while for the manufacturers to catch up given that they are still falling further behind. 

Spoke with my sales rep today for several brands of commercial ammo. He thinks it will be a year or year and a half before things are smoothed out in the ammo supply chain. The manufacturers are working overtime to fill demand. Saw a recent video from the CEO of CCI. They are churning out ammo, and have hired and are training new employees, but it will be a while before they catch up.

I feel it might be longer to have the prices fall back to what it was a year ago.. 

I've been doing a LOT more air gun shooting lately. Going to have to order a another full-auto from Pyramyd Air!

Be aware, there are online auction sites springing up (other than gunbroker) that are buying ammo at Walmart and other retail stores, then posting it on online line auction sites for ABSURD prices.

These site owners are paying people to stand in line to buy so they can reauction it for astronomical prices.

How do I know this, well for one I know a guy personally that has an online auction site based in Virginia. 

He told me what he was doing, which I find rather disgusting, but hey I'm old school. I don't believe in dicking over fellow gun owners for a buck.

I understand people have free will to buy or not, but taking advantage of a perfectly good crisis, smacks' of the same type of F.U. and hurray for me mentality the democrats are well known for in congress.

So do we stoop to their levels now too? Pretty sad.

This guy is a gun guy and hunter too and pays for his Alaska and overseas hunting trips with the blood $$ he makes screwing fellow gun owners. I'll probably catch flak for this post, but I still think it's in very poor taste and extremely selfish to employ this type of sales tactic against fellow gun owners, especially during these times of political persecution and eminent radical firearms and ammo legislation.

FWIW,

R.L.

Yeah.. there are people doing this for PS5 and other stuff.  I bet there are bots making fast purchases.  

I was on RSR website and ammo was surprising available.. I just caught it when they updated their inventory.  The time it took to put the ammo in my in my cart and checkout.. it was down to 1 box.. even that was gone. :(

I just want to buy some ammo for personal use..

Fortunately I have always kept my ammo locker full. So the shortage won't effect me. But shelve are pretty bare in AZ.