michaelkih

What's the latest news on the 5.56 M60 conversion?

5 posts in this topic

I remember seeing this a while back. Just curious if any progress has been made on it or if I missed the boat.  Thanks.

You missed the boat, but it's not your fault. VERY few were were made like 15-20 years ago. Almost none of them ran reliably so really, it's like you missed your big chance to get a ticket for the maiden voyage of the Titannic. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@michaelkih that was me that posted that awhile back on the old boards..... There was a .223 kit that was invented that ran perfectly. It was offered to me and my buisness partner Chris Soles of KJS Tactical Arms....The kit had run 20,000 rounds through it with no jams of anykind. It was very impressive. It was different from JRW's conversion kit and corrected the problems it had. 

We were trying to figure out how we could mass produce this. Most of the items we could have machined for the kit. But some precision items, such as the M60 barrel collar, would be very difficult to replicate. A .223 barrel is essentially made from .223 barrel stock milled and with M60 factory components on it. 

Seeing that we could not have these items produced in bulk or fabricate them, we set up a deal between the creator of this kit and a larger corporation in Pa here to purchase it and produce it. The purchaser obviously having the ability to produce this and sell it to the M60 community. I will not name that corporation for the time being...... The deal went through and the kit is here in Pa. I've inspected it and it's a great design. 

Production has not begun yet, but when it does, I will be selling these kits here on sturm. 

Below is a video on my YouTube channel of the actual kit in action. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

M60.MachineGun@Aol.Com

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa
2 people like this

Great to hear!  Thank you for the response.  I AM A BUYER OF THIS KIT!  Please keep me in the loop.

1 person likes this

Michael,

I will keep you posted! The hopes are to get about 100 kits done the first year. You'll get one for sure when the time comes.

thanks,

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa