teakle

form 3 cancel

8 posts in this topic

How do you cancel a form 3 that has been approved.

you could ask on eforms but if its approved it will prob need a form 3 back to where it came form.

eForms I know there was a cancel during the process, but button goes away when approved.

Possibly call your local ATF?

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2021 at 5:50 PM, teakle said:

How do you cancel a form 3 that has been approved.

From the Form 3 Instructions.

Cancellation of Approved Application. The transferor may cancel an approved application only if the physical transfer of the firearm has not been completed. The transferor must return the approved application with a written request for cancellation, citing the need and that the physical transfer of the firearm did not take place.

nfafax@atf.gov

1 person likes this

Thanks for the help ended up just transferring back efile was quicker then trying do go any other route.

6 hours ago, teakle said:

Thanks for the help ended up just transferring back efile was quicker then trying do go any other route.

Technically if the transfer never took place you and the other SOT have committed perjury by filing a F3 back to you on a gun you still had possession of.  That's why they have the cancellation instructions spelled out in the Form.  You can both pretend the transfer took place and log it out and back in but you're now compounding your illegality.

What's so hard about cancelling.. email or fax a letter to NFA about canceling the form, as b_san mentioned, and be done with it.

he had the gun i just didnt have money so though i would need to cancel not the case gun coming back, thanks for all the help still learning.