I need help

JBrach

Hey all, 

I'm new here so a little background... I began collecting firearms and associated items decades ago.

At one time, I owned an HK91 with claw mount and Hensoldt scope.

I bought an illuminator like the one in the image.

This is the only image I could find, and I do not own or have rights to this image, but it is exactly the same. (My apologies for borrowing this image).

While I sold the rifle, claw mount, and scope around 2002, I just found this after still unpacking from stuff I packed over 15 years ago when I got divorced.

I am trying to get a handle on what this might be worth and any help would be appreciated.

I tried to post in the collector forum, but I guess since I'm new, my options are very limited.

Thank you !Hensoldt_Z24_IlluminatorAA.jpg

That’s my image .... ok to share .

I sold  several of those units many years ago ..... while they will work with the Hensoldts ..... they were made for the German MG optics .....

may be worth $60-$80

See where the illuminator attaches 

Hensoldt_Z24_IlluminatorOpticsMG3.png

• Like 1

@Buddy H Thank you so much for that information... 
I honestly thought that as a collectible, it would have been worth far more. :/
I don't remember what I paid for it, but I'm pretty sure it was a lot more !
I'll hang on to it until it goes up in value LOL !
Thank you again !

I bought one of these last year for my MG34 Lafette optics. I believe I spent about $40 for it. There was some issues with the illuminator due to someone taking it apart and not screwing it back together correctly.. so I easily fixed it. It came with 4 bulbs, of which 2 were bad (fixed one of those). The material around the flashlight and illuminator were cracking or starting to fall apart.. but I used WD-40 to help soften the material.

Biggest issue with these is the bulbs.. I cant' seem to find 3V bulbs for these!  I could find 6V (for motocycles) but they are dimmer.

What condition is yours? Does it all work? That would effect the pricing.

3iBqk0W.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JBrach said:

Mine has a little dryness to the rubber but if I had to rate it, it's easily 90% or better.

I've never used it.

Put some WD-40 on it and it will soften it out a bit.  It won't make it new but it it stops it from cracking more and falling apart. I doubt I would ever used it, but wanted it as part of the set with the Lafette. Plus I bought a separate illuminator cap which I plan to rewire to an USB battery pack power to light up a 6V bulb. 

• Like 1

@83Baronif you can't get that box or can't find one, but want a illuminator, I have suggestions I can give you for make one for yourself. The parts to build a illuminator are still on the market. I think I still have my research on places to buy.