Knob Creek April 2021 CANCELLED

Knowbudy

Mehhh...not surprised. I used to love this shoot. In the 80's we would go camp out, talk with Kent, Bob Landies, Bubba, all the "old timers". Met tye-dyed Tom Bowers at one shoot and hooked him up with a new M2HB that year Hank was selling. 

Really good times, I'll treasure the memories forever. Unfortunately some old timers are gone now along with the original ambiance.

I shot on Hank Kaminski's spot, big black powder cannon on the left side of the line). We'd shoot a while, buy parts and ammo. And EAT, my God we would make big ass steaks on a grill, plenty of soda's, cake... we ate very well thanks to Costco! I usually brought the grub.

It was a glorious affair. Ol' NY Joe would take us to a good parking place as soon as I got there. Hell we would give him $10 bucks and he'd let us camp right there by the vehicle, right by some woods. It was great. These were truly the golden years of KC.

Somewhere in time between the porta-potty being blown up( I was there although had nothing to do with that. Although I knew who was involved) and the new pavilion being built the place started to change radically.

Management turned into genuine assholes, treating everyone with contempt, even shooters and vendors. It was just not the same.

Prices on ammo and parts got pretty stupid, some people started to behave pretty stupid, and it just lost it's appeal to most of us that have been going there since the beginning. I guess if you never went from the beginning of this shoot, you  would not know the difference. I do and it just was not the same.

A14 hr drive to put up with that b.s. was just not worth it, so I stopped going.

I can remember the KC mailed flyer having almost 4 full pages of sponsors, it's barely 1/2 a page now and some are listed twice to fill the page.

If you were there at that time,  you experienced firearms history, if not, well you missed it, because it's just not the same shoot it once was.

RIP KC. shoot!

Just my 2 cents.

R.L.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I remember the old days. And I seem to know all the same people. Yeah, it’s changed a lot, but I still go to see whoever is left. I no longer even think of the main firing line and just bring a couple gun to shoot on the lower range for $10. Good for an hour and a half. Mainly a get together event for me now. I’m not buying anything except in a really rare case. 

On 1/20/2021 at 9:43 AM, R.L. said:

Mehhh...not surprised. I used to love this shoot. In the 80's we would go camp out, talk with Kent, Bob Landies, Bubba, all the "old timers". Met tye-dyed Tom Bowers at one shoot and hooked him up with a new M2HB that year Hank was selling. 

Really good times, I'll treasure the memories forever. Unfortunately some old timers are gone now along with the original ambiance.

I shot on Hank Kaminski's spot, big black powder cannon on the left side of the line). We'd shoot a while, buy parts and ammo. And EAT, my God we would make big ass steaks on a grill, plenty of soda's, cake... we ate very well thanks to Costco! I usually brought the grub.

It was a glorious affair. Ol' NY Joe would take us to a good parking place as soon as I got there. Hell we would give him $10 bucks and he'd let us camp right there by the vehicle, right by some woods. It was great. These were truly the golden years of KC.

Somewhere in time between the porta-potty being blown up( I was there although had nothing to do with that. Although I knew who was involved) and the new pavilion being built the place started to change radically.

Management turned into genuine assholes, treating everyone with contempt, even shooters and vendors. It was just not the same.

Prices on ammo and parts got pretty stupid, some people started to behave pretty stupid, and it just lost it's appeal to most of us that have been going there since the beginning. I guess if you never went from the beginning of this shoot, you  would not know the difference. I do and it just was not the same.

A14 hr drive to put up with that b.s. was just not worth it, so I stopped going.

I can remember the KC mailed flyer having almost 4 full pages of sponsors, it's barely 1/2 a page now and some are listed twice to fill the page.

If you were there at that time,  you experienced firearms history, if not, well you missed it, because it's just not the same shoot it once was.

RIP KC. shoot!

Just my 2 cents.

R.L.

I remember the mid to late 90's and even met Tom Bowers at one of the shoot's, I was a Vendor twice a year for 8 years straight. Dennis & Jeanie Todd were regulars and the business we would do in three days although we'd get there on Wednesday/Thursday, was astrominical. Management was starting to become asshole's to the Vendors and that's when I was out the door. It was a tough decision but when I decided that I'd had my belly full of Management & parted way I could see the writing on the wall... Everyone could... We'd park at the back of the Barn & our 5 tables were on the second row from the last row, west side of the Barn. I remember the year we took Airsoft all the Dealers bought us out before the public had a chance to get a glimpse at the full size M16, M60, AUG, and others. I missed the porta potty blowup... and the new pavillion being built.... Bronco Company & Augman back in the day!  Remember there's a new Oklahoma Machinegun shoot being sponsered.

Edited by Rooster2412
  • Like 1