HK MP5 or HK94 mags origin/vintage query

MP5

Here's one for the H&K Experts.....

I just discovered a few MP5 30 rd 9mm mags in a box that had been stashed away for probably 20+ years, and I am curious about their origin and vintage. Some of them look brand new and are marked MKE. My understanding is that these are Turkish mfg. But I also thought that Turkish MKE MP5 mags had plastic followers; the ones I just found stashed away have steel followers. Did earlier vintage MKE MP5 mags have steel followers, but at some point they switched to making the mags with plastic followers? When? Or...??? I'm also wondering if these (presumably "early") MKE MP5 mags - with the steel followers - are just as reliable as the German HK mags? Anyone have experience shooting these in an MP5 (full auto) or HK94 and can comment on their reliability?

I also found a few MP5 mags simply marked "9mm x 19", with no date codes, no other markings; and they also have steel followers. All of the German HK MP5 mags I have seen in the past had date codes. Did H&K in Germany ever make MP5 mags without date codes on the mag body? Any ideas from the Experts as to origin and vintage on this one? See pic.

Edited by MP5
Trying to attach picture

8 hours ago, MP5 said:

Here's one for the H&K Experts.....

I just discovered a few MP5 30 rd 9mm mags in a box that had been stashed away for probably 20+ years, and I am curious about their origin and vintage. Some of them look brand new and are marked MKE. My understanding is that these are Turkish mfg. But I also thought that Turkish MKE MP5 mags had plastic followers; the ones I just found stashed away have steel followers. Did earlier vintage MKE MP5 mags have steel followers, but at some point they switched to making the mags with plastic followers? When? Or...??? I'm also wondering if these (presumably "early") MKE MP5 mags - with the steel followers - are just as reliable as the German HK mags? Anyone have experience shooting these in an MP5 (full auto) or HK94 and can comment on their reliability?

I also found a few MP5 mags simply marked "9mm x 19", with no date codes, no other markings; and they also have steel followers. All of the German HK MP5 mags I have seen in the past had date codes. Did H&K in Germany ever make MP5 mags without date codes on the mag body? Any ideas from the Experts as to origin and vintage on this one? See pic.

Contact Tony HK expert.

https://www.hkproshop.com/forums/index.php

9 hours ago, Born loser...in Montana said:

Contact Tony HK expert.

https://www.hkproshop.com/forums/index.php

No worries--- I am here--- but I do appreciate the compliment:D

The only "factory HK" non-dated/non-date coded magazines would be the followingB|

Made in Germany (larger font)(@ 2005-2015)- middle vertically and centered (color-filled); 9mmx19/no date code on bottom

Made in Germany (smaller font)(@ 2016-2020)- middle vertically and more towards the top (not color-filled); 9mmx19/no date code on bottom

Sounds like unmarked, Korean magazines;)

https://hkparts.net/product/30-round-magazine-mp5-mp5k-kci-p955.htm

Tony

Edited by AGG

Thanks for that, Tony, great info.  And looking closely at the picture(s) of the Korean mags in your link (above), the "9mm x 19" inscription - the sole marking on them - on mine seems to match.  My only question would be when these Korean mags were first imported, because I know that these couple mags I have recently discovered in a box in my garage have been sitting there for at least 20 - 25 years.  Were these Korean mags imported in the early to mid 1990's?

7 hours ago, MP5 said:

Thanks for that, Tony, great info.  And looking closely at the picture(s) of the Korean mags in your link (above), the "9mm x 19" inscription - the sole marking on them - on mine seems to match.  My only question would be when these Korean mags were first imported, because I know that these couple mags I have recently discovered in a box in my garage have been sitting there for at least 20 - 25 years.  Were these Korean mags imported in the early to mid 1990's?

I'm no expert,   my memory isn't what it was yesterday and it's hard to believe it's  been that long... but that sounds about right  early 1990's.

16 hours ago, MP5 said:

Quite welcome--- possibly--- there are 2 generations--- but I do not know their respective import dates.

Tony

Edited by AGG