Recommendations/advice for my next NFA item

ironbb

I Currently have a Gem tech 9mm Suppressor I'm Currently Waiting on the Fed Bois to process my SWD M-11 Subgun and I have an itch for another NFA item down the Road just the normal AR shotgun or pistol just doesn't do it for me ever sense I got into NFA Guns. just not quite sure what to go for an SBS, SBR, maybe a Destructive device? wouldn't go for a Grenade that's QUITE LITERALLY turning money into noise....and Shrapnel. but a 20mm with robocop quotes is more my speed or another Suppressor perhaps? this is for down the road Christmas kind of wiped me out but just looking into the future and ensuring I do my homework to make sure I don't just like what I get but I LOVE what I get if I'm going through hoops. open to opinions and advice.

silencer>sbr>sbs>DD as far as usefullness IMO

I have cans on everything I shoot except beltfeds, I don't shoot without one if I can help it.

SBRs are useful in that you get a compact design, and with a can they make a better shooting experience. If you train with one, they are better suited for anything you might do with a rifle as a civie.

SBS are cool, love to take them to the range, but that's about it.

DDs are cool as well, but since you cannot get the explosives to make most of them fully work, just a range toy.

My favorite NFA items are MGs duh, but after that SBR 22 with a can, SBR AR with 9mm upper and can, SBR AR15 with a can. You cna do all that with a SBR AR lower

If you don't have a 5.56mm suppressor, I would look in to getting one.

SBR with a suppressor are great. I nearly exclusively shoot all my AR's that way.

MGs are fun too if you can one one in your state, and afford one.

yeah a "new" MG is off the table for the moment my BIG play for MG's is Getting my M-11 Enjoying the SHIT out of it save money in the menetime and when i reach a certain amount i either Sell or trade up for an m-16 or MP5 or AK Variant but that's my goal for 2 3 years down the road  but the Suppressor and SBS are good options and gonna pull the Trigger on one if not both soon

Edited by ironbb

I wouldn't find the SBS as fun as the suppressor.

If you are going SBS route, Vance on the NFA Market board sells used law enforcement Benelli M1 Super 90 SBS. They are in pretty good shape and for a reasonable price.

1986 - 1999 held Class3 NFA; my Most enjoyment nowadays, is taking a Brick of 500 .22lr & my AWC 'Amphibian - Ruger, or my Doc Dater 'Operator - Ruger, sit on an old tree stump & Pop a Plate or Beer Can; my 'clear the cobwebs' therapy; I occasionally run a mag or 3 through a vintage Colt 5.56mm 'xm177e2, or 'M16 A2, Sterling MKV 9MM, or Mini Uzi; but Nothing compares to my Suppressed. 22 Pistols

• Like 1

I'd go Lage 223 upper to get the colt feelings out of the way until you can afford 1, or the K upper, kinda makes it like an mp7 with the Stub grip. 

Suppressed 22lr will be the most fun you can have for Cheap, Shooting 9mm at the ammo prices right now will cost you $30.00 every 2 seconds in the m11.

Buy a 50 bmg by Serbu for $1350 and blow up a safe for $3 haha. 

15 hours ago, AReaper said:

I'd go Lage 223 upper to get the colt feelings out of the way until you can afford 1, or the K upper, kinda makes it like an mp7 with the Stub grip. 

Suppressed 22lr will be the most fun you can have for Cheap, Shooting 9mm at the ammo prices right now will cost you $30.00 every 2 seconds in the m11.

Buy a 50 bmg by Serbu for $1350 and blow up a safe for $3 haha. 

oh i know man the original bolt makes it a Buzzsaw the one i bought came with 3 uppers 1.380 standard bolt/upper 1 9mm standard bolt/upper 9 magazines and a Lage Max 11 upper and has a 3 lug QD barrel Magpul furniture and lots of bells and whistles i mean it was 10K but Lots of stuff with it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ironbb said:

oh i know man the original bolt makes it a Buzzsaw the one i bought came with 3 uppers 1.380 standard bolt/upper 1 9mm standard bolt/upper 9 magazines and a Lage Max 11 upper and has a 3 lug QD barrel Magpul furniture and lots of bells and whistles i mean it was 10K but Lots of stuff with it 

That's epic i'm glad you found one with a lot of extras for a solid price, $2999 isn't too crazy for the 223 upper. They are kinda wonky long with how slim and long the m11 lower already is,  but still full auto 223 would be nice and much cheaper than an m16 haha. 

I'm looking at getting an m11 my self, the versatility with Lage is making them pretty nice rigs.  I was thinking about an Uzi, but the fire rates kind Eh. I also was looking at an FNC with FA and 3 round burst,  but then again for $8500 I could get a standard m11, 3k get the 223 upper and have a few calibers to choose from.  I really like the K design on the m11, crazy nice cqc gun. 

If you can find an Ar180, the 22lr ones with the 275 round drum.  Those are sick,  it's reported like 1600-2000rpm. Like a nest of Hornets,  youtube has a video of a guy firing one at night with tracers, talk about a star wars light show. Its like a small scale a10 warthog haha. 

12 hours ago, AReaper said:

If you can find an Ar180, the 22lr ones with the 275 round drum.  Those are sick,  it's reported like 1600-2000rpm. Like a nest of Hornets,  youtube has a video of a guy firing one at night with tracers, talk about a star wars light show. Its like a small scale a10 warthog haha. 

Do you mean the AM180 (American 180). They are definitely extremely fast to shoot if you look at the design it spits 22LR as fast as it can.

On 1/7/2021 at 8:12 PM, mac1 said:

If you wait a few more months, your next NFA item will be the semi-auto AR15 sitting in your safe!!    God save us all.

yeah not so sure that could or would happen. the Country is on a knife's edge and if anything that major passes it could set people off.

Well I've Decided I'm Going AR-15 SBR route local SOT has an SBR lower for 90 bucks that plus the Stamp is a pretty good deal and the Wait time will allow me to order parts and put together Really something Special. and the SOT and i are even talking about MAYBE a new Can but the New Suppressor is a big Maybe Right now.