Cashing Major Bank Cashiers or Personal Checks

Buddy H

Hey Guys .... type of payment tip ........

I have done this several times over the last few years .....

If the buyer uses a MAJOR BANK .... like ...... Chase .. Capital One .. Wells Fargo .. Bank of America .. BBVA .. etc.

AND those same banks are in YOUR town/city ..... you can take their Cashiers or Personal Check ... to their Branch .... show your drivers license..... and CASH IT ..... You DO NOT  need to have an account at that bank .

After all ..... its the Banks own Cashiers Check ..... 

the teller will VERIFY the buyers account..... VERIFY the check .... VERIFY your identity..... and GIVE YOU CASH !!

NO WAITING FOR CHECKS TO CLEAR !!
YOU WALK OUT WITH CASH ..... NOW ABLE TO SHIP ITEM !!!

REMEMBER .... BOTH THE BUYER AND YOU ..... MUST HAVE THE SAME BANK WITHIN REASONABLE DRIVING DISTANCE........

EDIT ...... BEFORE accepting a Cashiers Check ..... CALL that bank and ASK if there will be any problems or fees  for cashing it ...

Some outfits will charge a "service fee" to cash a personal check if you don't have an account with them. Wells Fargo tried that crap with me. Customer wrote me a check, I took it to Wells Fargo, the Bank it was written on, and they wanted to charge me to cash it, since I did not have an account with them. What Bullschist.

Six of the seven machineguns I've purchased were paid for by a cashier's check issued by a small Montana bank. None of the sellers had any issues with this payment method. 

A cashier's check is well worth the few extra dollars in fees. 

FWIW.

-KristopherH

To clarify...... my original point of this post was directed at ..... Quick Safe Turn Around .... as in Non NFA items

get Cashiers Check .... go to that bank ..... cash check .... go ship item....  all taking less than a hour ...

NFA wait times ..... allows time for cashiers checks to clear ..... and then wait .... and wait .... and wait 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Buddy H said:

To clarify...... my original point of this post was directed at ..... Quick Safe Turn Around .... as in Non NFA items

get Cashiers Check .... go to that bank ..... cash check .... go ship item....  all taking less than a hour ...

NFA wait times ..... allows time for cashiers checks to clear ..... and then wait .... and wait .... and wait 

You got me. :D  

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Buddy H featured this topic