RKI needed HK claw mount Question

Robert C

I have a German claw mount for the HK 9 series and on the bottom of the mount  the wording  SchuBrichtung and an arrow   My question is does it really matter which way the arrow is pointing when I mount it to the rifle ?? I am looking for a picatinny rail I can mount to the claw mount to install a scope. Thanks to ALL

On 12/16/2020 at 6:23 PM, Robert C said:

Big Thanks to all, got my picatinny ordered.

Just a side note,  not all HK claw mount 90 series  mounts are interchangeable,  as advertised , example. Fits 91 ,93 ,94 etc. Some of the 93's rear receiver mounts had a block to prevent a 91 scope attachment.

DaaaaHeil. ..

Scopes were  calibrated for caliber. 

Thanks Buddy  for all the beautiful graphics, and information. 

I own a never issued  Hk 33e scope as well as a mp5 scope military issue . Both mounts are marked differently. 

On the 33e the left side of the mount, 332 is  clearly marked. 

In the past I have  tryed to  mount a  91 claw on a early 80's 93 , it wasn't the plastic buffer , but the rear receiver triangular rear  mount  that needed filling down  to  get the model  1 308 scope with the  replaced elevation  cam (.223) to fit.

Edited by Born loser...in Montana

20 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Thanks for your response, I am mounting the claw on an SR9 , I just needed a rail to mount the HK scope onto  and was curious if it mattered which way the arrow pointed as it fits on receiver both ways . Thanks all for your responses.

Arrow always  points towards  target. 

Hk Arms are always  confusing.... It's  German!