R.L.

Nanook of the North has returned...

3 posts in this topic

What a way to start residency in Maine. JFC...we got our asses handed to us last week with a nasty nor'easter blizzard. Sideways snow sticking to the trees and everything else.

The dumbass who built this home made the power supply home run from the pole to the house right at the maximum pole distance allowed...150'. Most of it running through the woods before hooking up at the weatherhead.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out what would/will happen eventually,  and it did. Tree fell on the line, snapped the line hook at the house, down comes the weatherhead. and of course I have to hire a private contractor to put it all back up before CMP will restore power.

Central Maine Power doesn't have a great reputation for breaking land speed records putting power lines back up, and they certainly lived up to that rep this time.

6--- L O N G days of listening to the wife bitch about no power, no water.

Made my 3 day a week shoulder rehab feel like a vacation , getting away from the domestic noise!

Cheers,

R.L.

AHHHH, one of the joys of living in the great NorthEast. 

I feel your pain. 

Milford Pa.....I drive through there otw back to VA from Maine when I drive to avoid the d.b drivers of NJ.

My Dad spent part of his youth in Milford, then in Sussex.

Back before NJ was the Communist gulog it is today.

I don't know how anyone other than a liberal could live in New Joysey... especially a gun owner.

The state sucks a big one!

R.L.