C&R qualified M60 M 60 machine gun certified. $65,000

mstrmstr

Certified as a C&R by the curator of the US Springfield Museum as a C&R qualified gun. This M-60  M60  is a bona fide example of the beginning of the M60's . It was made in late 1962 with letter from Mr. MacKenzie. MFG as late 1962 by US SPRINGFIELD ARMORY . Not to be confused with the current commercial springfield armory. This gun was manufactured by the US government but is FULLY TRANSFERRABLE. On form 4 .

Although it can be sold to a C&R  it can also be converted to any current model. 

Even the barrel is marked 1961 and the twist springs with internals are correct for the age. 

Included is a lot of original packaged and dated spare parts. Including as a extra is a NOS in wrap early forend/handguard that has the rare bottom sling.   ( matched to the rare buttstock that has the same bottom sling ).

There are other near to  impossible to find  parts in the auction  Including spare barrel, mounts and such. 

Photos to inquiries only....$65,000 .. this is 10 thousand less than current selling price..  I have held this for over 40 years in my possession. 

It was originally purchased from a police department that bought it from the government.

Edited by mstrmstr
added info

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning,  I'm very interested.  I live in a C&R only state.  Had to sell 3 mgs when I moved to northern MN.   I have a question or 2.  Has it been shot much?  Does it run good?   I a collector but I also love to shoot.   I'm a retired US Navy Vet and I was a Gunner's Mate I fired an M60 as gunner on the bridge wing on several ships.  Thanks     

Sir, This was purchased from a police department several decades ago. I have no clue on its history then. It does gage well. I fired maybe 400 rounds in the past and just put it away.

I will include a very nice barrel for shooting as I would prefer the 1961 barrel be kept for the future.. Scarce.. probably not to be found again.  Same goes with the NEW OLD STOCK parts I include.. It took decades to find.  I provide provenance upon purchase including letter from the national museum director. PM me for photos. Include a email address.  I really don't want someone to scab them offline.  I will also include tools and manuals as I uncover them plus ship parts (except receiver until approved) immediately.  I am really generous when I know it will go to a good family. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that the last C&R 60 sold in May of 2016. I have had this for 34 years but it needs a new home. If it doesn't sell soon I'll put it back into my vault.    Turkey season is soon and I'll be in field.. Nice to be retired. 

Note- Did you know NFA's are considered as personal property and as such are covered by many Homeowners insurance policies with no extra premium.