Biden’s “ assault rifle ..... solution “

Buddy H

Boy 0' Boy, where to start.....

To keep this simple, currently the NFA Branch takes up to ONE year to approve a F4 and that is for the roughly 170,000 current NFA items.

As of right now, we do not know what they will consider an "assault rifle" (AR's, AK's or any rifle that accepts a detachable magazine?) so how many are we really talking about?

Add hi-cap Mags to that and now the NFA Branch would have to add Hundreds or thousands of New employees and more buildings to house these new folks.

Lets not forget about the computer system they use, scrap it and start all over? We are talking about the Government here!

My guess is, this is a Scare Tactic, because to implement something this massive (adding tens of millions of new NFA items) would be a Big Fat Failure for any Govt.

Logistically it’s damn near impossible for them to do and i made the joke of “this is how they will pay for all the stuff they want” on a different site. I’m over this bullshit already and it hasn’t even gotten into the swing of things yet. 

Just points up how important it is to hold the Senate.  I suppose an executive order could be issued to enact some sort of registration requirement but it would immediately be challenged in court, hopefully a Trump-appointed judge hearing it. Taxation is the purview of Congress, not the president.  Lots of mischief will be tried, no doubt, but failing to capture the Senate will likely prevent much of it.

• Like 1

With the unequal treatment under the law these turds have demonstrated since they killed the Kennedys, MLK, the Hitlery shenanigans,  Ukraine gate, etc, I will not obey another phederal law ever. Old, cranky and sick. Been shot at and missed, sh*t on and hit. Don't mind dying doing what is right.

Edited by Waffen Und Bier

So let me get this straight.  Biden’s argument is that these so-called “weapons of war” are too dangerous for anyone to own and should be banned.  Unless you’re rich and can afford the tax.  Then they’re ok and instantly not dangerous?  WTF.  What an elitist a-hole.

16 hours ago, Buddy H said:

87D7AD01-7534-432E-A95C-5C8C4CEDC9FE.jpeg

4BDBF2CB-27ED-445B-9369-71947BA51CA9.jpeg

You can fool some of the People  most of the time,  but you  can't  fool all the People all of the time. 

Keep calm with your finger on the trigger... 

This is the only  Country with 

the  2nd Amendment. 

Edited by Born loser...in Montana

If you take a step back and look at the whole thing you can see the plan is clearly discriminatory against lowere income people and minority communities.   Rich dems will be able to afford the 200 tax even if they have to pay 1000's in tax for the weapons to protect themselves while the poor minority communities will not be able to afford.  

I also agree with Dan this is a talking point for them you could not even do such a thing in 8 years.  Plus anything stupid like a ban or buyback could go to the Supreme ct and backfire and nullify ca  state type bans.  That was the lucky stopgap and trump knew the future was in the courts. Thankfully the senate had some balls or yes id be a little more worried. Right now even 9th circuit hi cap mags are ok.  Did you ever think you'd see the day?  We know where atleast 5 justices stand on the issue.

What I do see them doing is increasing the fet tax on ammo and guns as i think that is administrative set as I believe it was Bush that put the 50 gun exemption in.

I guess we will just have to see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious to see how all this will play out. I think Biden and the democrats are trying to push without a mandate they think they have from the people, ie- liberal and uninformed morons. I hope that with the congress split between parties it will prevent too much craziness, but executive orders could make things interesting. I do doubt that there are enough people willing to try and enforce the changes.

• 2 weeks later...

True about the 50% pct never shooting a gun.  Im an 07 so needless to say I own a lot of semi's and mg's.  Anyway I had worked at my other job for about a year before anyone found out.  Its pretty hard to demonize a friend or coworker after you've known them for a while just because they own a gun. I've been in a very liberal.company for 10 years now.   I actually have taken many libs out shooting and usually they tend change thier view aittle.  Taken a few execs out on a range lunch.  Even had one say now I see why someone would want one of these (mg with 30 rd mag) After he dumped the mag on my mp5 with a huge smile on his face.  You'd be surprised how many lib myths on suppressors get busted with a trip to the range.  "Wow ypu can still hear it".  And then usually they can admit a non criminal need for a suppressor

Its hard but we gun owners need to start to try and do this more to create interest and dispell myths.  Mabye we should start a national take a libtard to the range day.  Probably not going to work with Jesse Nancy or AOC but if we can change a few normal libs.

Plus know a lot of libs that bought "assult weapons" recently.

• Like 1

JECIII, I couldn’t agree more.  A little first-hand knowledge and a well-established rapport go a long way.  Granted, there are some people that you will never reach, but some you may and they’ll think about that experience and that relationship before voting for one of those idiotic bills.  

• 2 weeks later...

At present if you include all Magazines and ALL semi automatic guns it would take the ATF in the neighborhood of 183 YEARS to approve all of them if they run at 10 times current levels.. To facilitate the change they would need 1700 times their current budget and the personnel to match. at current rate yes it works out to a snafu of biblical proportions and totally unenforceable.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:22 AM, JECIII said:

True about the 50% pct. never shooting a gun.  I'm an 07 so needless to say I own a lot of semi's and mg's.  Anyway I had worked at my other job for about a year before anyone found out.  Its pretty hard to demonize a friend or coworker after you've known them for a while just because they own a gun. I've been in a very liberal company for 10 years now.   I actually have taken many libs out shooting and usually they tend change their view a little.  Taken a few execs out on a range lunch.  Even had one say now I see why someone would want one of these (mg with 30 rd. mag) After he dumped the mag on my mp5 with a huge smile on his face.  You'd be surprised how many lib myths on suppressors get busted with a trip to the range.  "Wow you can still hear it".  And then usually they can admit a non criminal need for a suppressor

Its hard but we gun owners need to start to try and do this more to create interest and dispel myths.  Maybe we should start a national take a libtard to the range day.  Probably not going to work with Jesse Nancy or AOC but if we can change a few normal libs.

Plus know a lot of libs that bought "assault weapons" recently.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:32 AM, Nitzel said:

JECIII, I couldn’t agree more.  A little first-hand knowledge and a well-established rapport go a long way.  Granted, there are some people that you will never reach, but some you may and they’ll think about that experience and that relationship before voting for one of those idiotic bills.  

[Removed]

Edited by MontanaRenegade86

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2020 at 11:04 AM, Dscheid NFA Investments said:

Boy 0' Boy, where to start.....

To keep this simple, currently the NFA Branch takes up to ONE year to approve a F4 and that is for the roughly 170,000 current NFA items.

As of right now, we do not know what they will consider an "assault rifle" (AR's, AK's or any rifle that accepts a detachable magazine?) so how many are we really talking about?

Add hi-cap Mags to that and now the NFA Branch would have to add Hundreds or thousands of New employees and more buildings to house these new folks.

Lets not forget about the computer system they use, scrap it and start all over? We are talking about the Government here!

My guess is, this is a Scare Tactic, because to implement something this massive (adding tens of millions of new NFA items) would be a Big Fat Failure for any Govt.

I ran across an estimate to complete this "registration" ploy.. the actual cost of a single transfer is over 500.00- they collect 200 by law. A 200.00 per loss. saying they did hire enough employees and found every gun and magazine estimated at 30 per EVERY LIVING CITIZEN.  The government can't even print enough money to cover the costs and time it would take to complete. Making everyone a suspect? An administration would be ousted so fast it would make your head sspin.

What's to stop them from upping the price from $200 tax stamp to $500 tax stamp?

Also about people who never shot a gun... invite those people to go shooting. They tend to be less scared and actually might find enjoyment with it. Due to COVID scares, and riots, it actually brought out a lot of non shooters into to the shooting industry.. hence the ammo shortage.

I don't know what shenagians they will try to pull, but I'll legally fight every one of them and make my voice heard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 1:28 PM, Ryo said:

What's to stop them from upping the price from $200 tax stamp to $500 tax stamp?

Also about people who never shot a gun... invite those people to go shooting. They tend to be less scared and actually might find enjoyment with it. Due to COVID scares, and riots, it actually brought out a lot of non shooters into to the shooting industry.. hence the ammo shortage.

I don't know what shenagians they will try to pull, but I'll legally fight every one of them and make my voice heard.

Any change to the GCA of 1934 blows the whole act out the door.. No sane politician is going to mess with one of the best functioning laws on the books. 

Edited by mstrmstr

When people keep shooting up school yards, movie cinema's, massage parlors and now grocery stores.... They're going to pass some type of gun "control", How can anyone blame them? I love guns as much as anyone on this board and probably have more than most, but it's F'n ridiculous the caliber (no pun intended) of people that get their hands on certain gun and decide to shoot helpless men, woman and children. I mean, my GOD...........

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 6:23 AM, mheck said:

When people keep shooting up school yards, movie cinema's, massage parlors and now grocery stores.... They're going to pass some type of gun "control", How can anyone blame them? I love guns as much as anyone on this board and probably have more than most, but it's F'n ridiculous the caliber (no pun intended) of people that get their hands on certain gun and decide to shoot helpless men, woman and children. I mean, my GOD...........

The cost of living in a free society is that good people will occasionally suffer because some bad actor causes havoc. This is the ugly reality of our world. 

Gun control will have no affect on the morally degenerate. Good people, on the other hand, will have to overcome additional barriers to protect themselves. 

-KristopherH

On 3/24/2021 at 7:23 AM, mheck said:

I’m curious to what gun laws you believe have stopped violent crimes?

Edited by Thumpy

On 3/24/2021 at 5:23 AM, mheck said:

You do realize that the new gun laws proposed MAKES the non helpless men & women into helpless men & women.

On 3/29/2021 at 1:22 PM, oscardeuce said:

Define best functioning 

raising prices 

limiting libery?

Best functioning- In 87 years only TWO crimes committed with a machine gun and one was a New York cop. 

Here is the deal- since it is working  so well then everyone should buy machine guns after they lift the ban of 1986

Edited by mstrmstr
added info
  • Like 1