Value of m14 transferable?

Dean

13 hours ago, Bd_p98 said:

$15k give or take. 

Wow,  are you kidding? 

Respectfully  , seems  really  low.

Please elaborate on your  opinion. 

Greatly appreciate an expert opinion nowadays .

Born Loser,  also answers to the name;  Chief Many Shots in Montana.

Edited by Born loser...in Montana

8 hours ago, Born loser...in Montana said:

Wow,  are you kidding? 

Respectfully  , seems  really  low.

Please elaborate on your  opinion. 

Greatly appreciate an expert opinion nowadays .

Born Loser,  also answers to the name;  Chief Many Shots in Montana.

Thanks I agree, with used full stocks at $18-$20k I would think more. According to Springfield Armory they made less than 10 bush models and less than 5 with factory folders in select fire.

I don’t have link but recall one just like this , NIB sold on GB for around 15k in last 12 months. A full stock NIB for similar amount. Market may be different now but M14/M1A not most popular platform of NFA weapons. 

Many are listed at $18-20 range but never sell.  I don’t collect anything but USGI original M14’s but have monitored FA M1A prices for about 5-6 years now. 

List here at what you think is fair price and May sell. GB good option. Think would stay away from auction houses because premiums/fees will reduce your net below what you want. 

Edited by Bd_p98
More info

I think an unfired M1A bushmaster folder sold in the past 2-3 years about the same time a nice unfired BM59 sold.  I remember being happy that they sold so I did not buy them.  If I remember they sold between $14k and $16k each.  Maybe closer to $14k because I was very tempted (still couldn't "pull the trigger"...).  From that time SOME guns have gone up but most others seem to have stagnated or even come down in price.  If my memory was correct on pricing for the ones that I'm referencing (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) then the $15k range may be a good guess at selling price.  Seeing how they ARE uncommon it could go for quite a bit more?  It just takes one interested buyer (two if at auction).  Auction houses seem to bring stupid high prices sometimes but it is a crap shoot.  The recent Morphy sale had some "good" buyer prices (my opinion) on HK host / sear gun combos under $30k (including buyer premiums).  If I was a seller I would be disappointed.  If you know what you would take and be happy then list it here.  If you don't know then list it with a reserve on Gunchoker.  Remember that you'll pay a fee on Gunbroker.  In today's market (here I sound like Antiques Roadshow TV program...)  I would value it at $17.5k.  Use $22k for insurance purposes.  Form 3 or 4 would make a difference to an out of state buyer.  Good luck!  I usually try to sell unfired MGs quickly (I've had 4 that I recall over the years - FNC, Uzi, MK760, AC556 stainless folder).  The reason is that they probably would not stay unfired around me for too long..   There are folks that look specifically for unfired guns and WILL pay a premium to get them.

I would avoid selling high dollar stuff on gunbr*ker. You get charged a 2% fee up front for a reserve listing, plus the sales commission.  If you get stiffed for payment, they allegedly credit you if you relist it again. A lot of hoops and no customer service satisfaction.  I have never been reimbursed for non paying bidders.....ever. There is no sanction against a non paying bidder. If you do list it on there, just start the bidding at the minimum you want to get (building in their final sales fees). Good luck is you use them.