RPD barrel removal or Fixing a demilled barrel

Got Uzi

I’m in the beginning process of building a post sample RPD...my question is this-are the barrels pressed and pinned or are they threaded in? It’s a Suez kit and complete. I have the alignment and welding jig but I’m not sure and wanna have a game plan on how to remove the barrel before it start diving in. It sucks that they drilled a hole in the top of it as it would be a perfect one other wise. 

This is COMPLETELY out of left field, but someone asked me if it was possible to weld a demilled barrel and make it operational? The working theory is to put a carbon rod into the bore and then fill weld the 1/4 demilled hole shut. Obviously the area would be prepped, cleaned, and so on. Has anyone ever seen, heard of, or tried this? 

As insane as it sounds, it could actually work but I’m looking for anyone who has done something or seen good/bad results?

obvioisly im not looking to get myself blown up here but it’s an interesting concept but has it ever been attempted?