BPinFL

Value of Milled AK with original Chinese rcvr

9 posts in this topic

A friend has a FA AK47 with an original Chinese triangle 66 receiver marked L and D. As far as I know it's not a bring-back.

What are these going for nowadays? Thanks for this board! BP

If not a bring-back...is it registered?  Transferable?  Sample?

12 hours ago, BPinFL said:

A friend has a FA AK47 with an original Chinese triangle 66 receiver marked L and D. As far as I know it's not a bring-back.

What are these going for nowadays? Thanks for this board! BP

Could you please post some pictures?

Its a transferrable and apparently came from OOW a long time ago. cant get pics for awhile, but have seen some bringbacks that look similar.

Hope to shoot it soon and maybe get some  pics.

BP out

The receiver is marked Inland Arms and as mfr on form four and  noted as Type 56.

It's most likely a re-weld then...depending on the quality of the work, the I'd think the value would be a couple grand (and up) over a run of the mill Poly-Tech conversion.

No Sir, definitely not a cut and welded receiver, its original chinese type 56, marked triangle 66, I've seen a bunch of them and know for sure..

All the polytechs I've seen are stamped, this is the real deal, milled from a block of steel, but thanks for your input. Its not for sale, just trying figure out the value.

Thanks for the boards!, BP out.

Inland Arms marked and as the listed manufacturer on the Form 4 just doesn't square...either Inland Arms re-manufactured (re-welded) a demilled Chinese receiver -or- it was improperly registered.  An SOT can't (legally) just slap their markings on an intact receiver, fill out a Form 2 and call it good.  You or your friend has a little more investigation to do.

As for the mention of the PolyTech...yes I realize they're converted stamped receivers.  The reference was for value relative to a re-weld milled receiver.

Thanks for all the good information, I will get with him and inspect it again and do some more research.