I need to find an m16 gunsmith

metallichg

I have a registered select fire colt m16a1 lower.  My gun blew up, I assume either from a squib, or a 300 blackout somehow got in my mag.  The upper left side of my magwell is bent outward slightly.  Nothing is cracked, pins all line up, lower functions fine.  I need to find an expert that has done this before to try to straighten out my mag well.  What are your suggestions?  Thanjs very much, joe

Would love to see  a  picture. 

So, what  was it?   Should be easy to  tell by  the spent brass?

As we get older we tend  to get usta a few bulges  here and there, a little bent ...no worries  , as long as no cracks appear. 

If it ain't broke ( still shoots ) 

Don't fix it. 

Edited by Born loser...in Montana

I recommend you contact John Andrewski.  The guy is amazing!  I sent him my M16A1 GM Hydra-Matic re-weld that was so poorly put together a standard upper would not fit.  The fonts were also poorly done and the welds were horrific.  Cut to the chase; came out beautiful and looks like it came directly from the factory.  Yes you would need to X-ray to verify it is a re-weld.  

If he can do that to my rifle, assume he would have no issues fixing yours.

http://stingray-andrewsk-primary.hgsitebuilder.com/john-andrewski-gunsmith---information