Getting fingerprinted in the pandemic

Bill in Bama

Our local Sheriff's office has been closed over a week due to outbreak of positive covid tests, now they have extended it and suspended outside fingerprints indefinitely.  Local PD is very limited on doing prints anyway, so its getting hard to find anywhere tyget them done. Good business opportunity if that's even allowed for private business to do.

4 hours ago, Bill in Bama said:

Our local Sheriff's office has been closed over a week due to outbreak of positive covid tests, now they have extended it and suspended outside fingerprints indefinitely.  Local PD is very limited on doing prints anyway, so its getting hard to find anywhere tyget them done. Good business opportunity if that's even allowed for private business to do.

Do it yourself.

Get local cards and change the ORI or order free cards from the atf.

The only fingerprints that have to be done by a LEO are for the FELs

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said, roll your own.

If you really want to get technical: get a really nice, clear set of prints on an FD-258 card, scan the prints to a hard-drive/thumb-drive as a jpeg, use the Paint application in Windows to get rid of everything but the actual fingerprints on the jpeg file, save the fingerprints, screw with your printer, computer, and jpeg file to get the correct dimensions/margins down, print the new fingerprints to a blank FD-258, sign, seal, and deliver to NFA Branch.

It took me a year to figure out, but I did exactly as I posted above. Once you get the correct margins down so that everything fits within the correct boxes of the FD-258, you can print a card slicker than snake shiite any time you want. As long as your digits remain attached to your hand, you should be able to use the prints forever. 

Why pay somebody to do your prints when you can do it yourself?

-KristopherH

• 3 weeks later...

I know I’m a little late to the party but I guess I lucked out since I’m a county employee and was told that I’m not considered “public” so the sheriff was happy to get me fingerprinted for my most recent MG purchase. If you can find a silencer shop kiosk then you’ve won half the battle. Hell even some dealers have their own digital fingerprint scan set up that will print right off. Just thought I’d share my most recent experience.