WTS: Transferable Factory Colt M16A2A4 / Model: R0901 / Serial: 80300XX / Safe-Semi-Auto / New In Box / $75,000.00

Breaker098

For the most discerning of collectors where only the best of the best will do. Extremely rare brand new in the factory original box is a Pre-May 1986 fully transferable civilian Colt M16A2A4 Model # R0901 5.56mm machine gun marked Safe-Semi-Auto with latest 4th generation M4 reinforced lower receiver in modern mil-spec anodized black finish. Includes factory original 20" upper with removable carry handle, C-marked full auto bolt carrier group, charging handle, plastic packaging sleeve and accessory pack all in the original factory Colt box. To reiterate, this is a Pre-May 1986 fully transferable civilian machine gun and was in the last batch of Pre-May 1986 fully transferable civilian machine guns available to the public directly from Colt. Purchased originally by me from the private collection of long-time Colt Executive J.K.

Wire transfer or certified check are accepted forms of payment. If you are a resident of TX this can transfer directly from me to you via a Form 4. If you are not a resident of TX this will transfer via a Form 4 from me to my local FFL dealer in Houston (current processing time for a Form 4 from an individual to FFL dealer is approximately 45 days). Once the Form 4 is complete, an electronic Form 3 will take place from my FFL dealer in Houston to your FFL dealer. Once the electronic Form 3 from my FFL dealer in Houston to your FFL dealer is complete we can ship the machine gun to your FFL dealer. This means the machine gun could be at your FFL dealer approximately 60 days after payment is received. At this time the machine gun will be with your FFL dealer and you can begin the Form 4 from your FFL dealer to you as an individual or corporation. I have dozens of long-established FFL references across the country should you desire. Please let know if you have any questions. Available for local inspection by appointment. I will cover the transfer fees, shipping and insurance. Price is $75,000.00

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Box.jpg

Edited by Breaker098

• 3 weeks later...

One of the few, if not only available, civilian transferable Colt Model # R0901 machine gun in the M16A2A4 (Safe-Semi-Auto) configuration with a factory original mil-spec black finish on the latest Colt M4 reinforced receiver.  This is a unicorn.  Will provide more details regarding Colt documentation and manufacturing date(s) to interested buyer.

Edited by Breaker098

Since I have received so many questions regarding this mythical "black rifle" unicorn I have decided to share a little bit more information about what makes this Colt so extremely unique and rare. Directly from Colt, with evidence to support this, this particular gun has TWO manufacturing dates. One in 1985 and one in 2008. Can provide more details regarding the provenance and history of this machine gun to interested buyer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have continued to receive a large amount of questions all basically asking the same thing so I'll try to clear it up. Regarding the two Colt manufacturing dates that exist for this machine gun. Colt manufactured this machine gun in 1985 and the serial number was registered with the ATF at that time. During this time the gun never left the factory. In 2008 Colt transferred the serial number to the latest and greatest M4 reinforced mil-spec black anodized virgin receiver. Again, at this time, the gun remained at the factory. This gun never left the factory until J.K. left in 2008 decided to liquidate his collection shortly thereafter. So what you have here is an EXTREMLY rare example of a factory original new in the box Colt transferable machine gun. A transferable registered machine gun manufactured in 1985 and then again in 2008 on a receiver that Colt didn't even begin making until the early 2000's. You do not need to have an FFL / SOT / etc. in order to purchase this machine gun. If you can pass a Form 4473 and legally own a firearm, you can legally own this machine gun. Hope that clear's it up. This machine gun is EXTREMELY RARE. I also have documentation from Colt that shows the two manufacture dates.

@maxfaxdude That is correct.  Colt manufactured the machine gun in 1985, registered the serial number with the ATF prior to the May 1986 cutoff date, then manufactured the firearm again in 2008 on a new receiver with the same serial number.  So what you end up with is a pre-May 1986 fully transferable machine gun on the latest available Colt M4 reinforced mil-spec anodized black finish receiver - not the older grey models without the reinforcements.  Not sure if you're familiar with the various versions and the evolution of the M16 receiver, however, this machine gun is built on the latest and greatest Colt receiver.  Nothing has changed from this version (A4) all the way up to today.  Lots have changed from the A1, A2 and A3...this is the A4 receiver.  Hope that helps.  This is the diamond in the rough, the unicorn, the leprechaun by the pot of gold, the mythical extremely rare transferable Colt black rifle machine gun - new in the box.  If the United States Armed Services, local law enforcement, federal law enforcement, etc. ordered an M16A2A4 Safe/Semi/Auto from Colt today - this is the EXACT same machine gun they would receive.  If you're an average Joe and you can legally own a firearm and pass a Form 4473, and have a NFA Trust setup as either an individual or a corporation, then you can own this machine gun!  EXTREMELY RARE.

Edited by Breaker098

This is an M16A2 serial number legally reprinted on a newly-manufactured machine gun with the original having been destroyed, which was legal for Colt to do  as the original manufacturer.

John Keosayian, as I understand it, gained a lot of notoriety for this practice as it was done for his own benefit with many guns transferring to his personal collection directly from Colt.

"This is an M16A2 serial number legally reprinted on a newly-manufactured machine gun with the original having been destroyed, which was legal for Colt to do  as the original manufacturer. "

That is, until someone at BATFE gets a thorn in their ass and wants to make a point, that they will let you know if you can own it. Not a road I want anybody to go thru. All they have to say is "it is a post sample machinegun" and the reinforced receiver proves it, let alone the letter stating it was re-MFG in 2008. Even if it was Colt doing the work. Now that it is not in Colts possession, it would be a lot easier for someone at BATFE to say it is a Post Sample, plain and simple....

Kinda no different than we cannot take a suppressor and re-serialize it on a new one, because that would be Awesome!

On a Brighter note, I hope you find the right buyer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dscheid NFA Investments said:

"This is an M16A2 serial number legally reprinted on a newly-manufactured machine gun with the original having been destroyed, which was legal for Colt to do  as the original manufacturer. "

That is, until someone at BATFE gets a thorn in their ass and wants to make a point, that they will let you know if you can own it. Not a road I want anybody to go thru. All they have to say is "it is a post sample machinegun" and the reinforced receiver proves it, let alone the letter stating it was re-MFG in 2008. Even if it was Colt doing the work. Now that it is not in Colts possession, it would be a lot easier for someone at BATFE to say it is a Post Sample, plain and simple....

Kinda no different than we cannot take a suppressor and re-serialize it on a new one, because that would be Awesome!

On a Brighter note, I hope you find the right buyer.

^^^^^ This is EXACTLY what I would be concerned about! And DON'T say it CAN'T happen...because it already has happened on numerous occasions in the past! 

• Like 3

@Dscheid NFA Investments I believe we all can agree that with the bump stock ruling the BATFE essentially exercised fiat legislation setting a bad precedence and slippery slope.  That being said, I respect your statements, however, they do not carry any more weight than any other "What if?"  What if the BATFE ruled that all pistol braces next were prohibited?  What if the BATFE ruled that all semi-auto rifles with certain characteristics were now federally prohibited?  What if I get COVID tomorrow?  What if an asteroid smashes into the earth unexpectedly tomorrow?  Personally, I live in the today with the rules of today and the confines of today.  Here's what's available today.  A legally registered (by Colt) pre-May 1986 machine gun manufactured (by Colt) in 1985 and then remanufactured on a new receiver in 2008 (again by Colt).  For a brief time the BATFE allowed manufactures to replace items with the same serial number - that was way back then, but they do not now.  Again, I'm not going to go down "what if" lane.  Live in today - not fear of what may become.  These are the facts and this is the current situation: This machine gun was legally manufactured and registered with the BATFE in 1985, was remanufactured legally by Colt in 2008 on a new receiver, and legally transfers to civilians on a Form 4.  To banter one way or the other I must assume (and I will be blunt) you missed the boat on purchasing one of these, your couldn’t afford it, or you are scared.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by Breaker098

23 hours ago, Breaker098 said:

@Dscheid NFA Investments I believe we all can agree that with the bump stock ruling the BATFE essentially exercised fiat legislation setting a bad precedence and slippery slope.  That being said, I respect your statements, however, they do not carry any more weight than any other "What if?"  What if the BATFE ruled that all pistol braces next were prohibited?  What if the BATFE ruled that all semi-auto rifles with certain characteristics were now federally prohibited?  What if I get COVID tomorrow?  What if an asteroid smashes into the earth unexpectedly tomorrow?  Personally, I live in the today with the rules of today and the confines of today.  Here's what's available today.  A legally registered (by Colt) pre-May 1986 machine gun manufactured (by Colt) in 1985 and then remanufactured on a new receiver in 2008 (again by Colt).  For a brief time the BATFE allowed manufactures to replace items with the same serial number - that was way back then, but they do not now.  Again, I'm not going to go down "what if" lane.  Live in today - not fear of what may become.  These are the facts and this is the current situation: This machine gun was legally manufactured and registered with the BATFE in 1985, was remanufactured legally by Colt in 2008 on a new receiver, and legally transfers to civilians on a Form 4.  To banter one way or the other I must assume (and I will be blunt) you missed the boat on purchasing one of these, your couldn’t afford it, or you are scared.  Happy Thanksgiving!

I'll never understand the mentality of talking down to people using the intimation that they're 'too poor' to buy an extremely expensive gun simply because people might have questions before committing a huge sum of money.

I could buy your gun, as I'm sure many others could, but that attitude disinclines people that you know nothing of their financial situation. It's the worst type of stereotypical gun shop snobbery. Akin to the "I know what I got" and "don't low ball me." 

We get it; your buyer is the rube first time type with money to burn that simply wants to own "the latest and greatest" regardless of the provenance.

Sadly, I know that type of buyer exists.

Edited by Abacab