Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shattered

9mm Egyptian ammo

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any idea what some old Egyptian 9 mm ammo would be worth? I know it's corrosive, 115 gr fmj, 36 rounds boxes etc. Haven't been able to find any info at all. 

Shattered

I paid 160 per 1000 rnds of it recently it has harder primers so most hand guns dont run it. Also think it’s supposed to be plus p plus ammo. It’s very inconsistent and when shooting the uzi you can hear the rate of fire go up and down. At least the ammo I have just so inconsistent it’s hard to shoot honestly. 

Yeah. I remember that, it sometimes also split.  I have so much regular 9mm that I’m gonna try to off the Egyptian stuff. Thanks.

I have a few boxes left from a buy I made back in the 80's.  Everyone is spot on about primers, inconsistencies and they are very hot loads.  Shooting a sub gun years ago I had a squib then a hot load right behind it.  Lucky it only cost me a new barrel.  I won't shoot the stuff again so it just sits.

22 hours ago, FHJ said:

Shooting a sub gun years ago I had a squib then a hot load right behind it. 

Yeah,bad luck then. 

My experience was a squib would sound totally different and fail to cycle completely. I always do a cleaning rod check before resuming. I've tapped more rounds out than hammered ( I shoot a lot, probably could use a new barrel in some of the guns). But the main thing to get from this was to check before just recharging the gun and launching another round down a plugged up barrel. Had a squib in a Walther MPL. Ringed the barrel. It still shot OK, but the ringed barrel bugged me. Had my machinist bud carve up a new MPL barrel out of some fantastic 9mm blanks i have sitting around. Better than factory...unbelievable rifling. Way too good for a 9mm subgun.

1 person likes this