WTB Smith and Wesson Model 76 Parts/Mags/etc...

Bwanalewis

Chad 

Good luck on locating any spare factory parts for your SW76.  There was a guy names Scott Audrey who use to make parts, but does not response to anyone anymore. The new guy on the block is Richard Hoffman from BWE. He is making some parts (I have purchased extractor, spring, recoil guide, cocking handle and a few other parts). Nothing is cheap, but you need to have a few spares.   The stock recoil guide is hollow and will be smashed after firing it a lot, (I was old to put a water hose rubber gasket over the guide to keep the bolt from hitting it- its works ok).    Richard makes a solid recoil guide which is nice.  I purchased a 16" barrel from Green Mountain and had it cut down and threaded for my suppressor. (barrel $100, cut down, crown and threaded $60).   I acquired my recoil springs from Wolf.   McKay Industries had some parts, but not sure if they have any left.  My SW76 take unmodified Suomi mags, which are cheaper and available.   

Not sure what you know about the 76?     So I will add a few things just in case.     Besides the extractor's breaking, the most common issue is the trigger bar wearing.  Its the top front corner rounding off instead of being a sharp corner which contacts the sear. That will cause several problems and can be dangerous;  failure to fire on full auto, run away gun, no semi fire, gun can fire by itself when switching from full to semi.    The easy fix is to file the trigger bar point sharp again.     Scott's web site says his repair was to weld and machine the trigger bar straight again. I sent mine to Scott and after a year of waiting it came back only filed down. Was not happy.     I heard John Andrewski can make a new trigger for them.   The stock will be loose or will become loose (poor design).  They make AR adapters for the pistol grip and to use the CAR stock.   I want something different.

If Scott's web site is still up there is a lot of good information on it; especially trouble shooting.   Also the UZI web site has a forum for SW76.

Good luck

Marty

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello All!

Finally dropping in here...My name is Kevin, and I work with GSL Technology Suppressors.

You can reach me anytime on email, phone calls, or text and get a response within hours instead of days.

We have an incredible selection of cans to suppress shots from .22 - 5.7 - .223/5.56 - 9mm - 6.5CM - 7.62 - .338 - 350 legend - .375 - STEN - S&W76 -  .45 - .416barrett - .450 bushmaster - .50cal.....and many more.

For the STEN or S&W76 or MK760 we do indeed produce an integrally suppressed barrel that replaces the factory one completely and is perfect for full auto fire. Its rated for an incredible 40dB of sound reduction, and I would love to have GSL earn your business on one if you are interested in hearing more.  

You can find some videos, users manual, and some photos of this product HERE.

PS: You can connect with me at:  Kevin's Links and see some other info on GSL, YouTube, website, social media, etc.

Thank you!

--

Kevin Kinzer
Law Enforcement & Dealer Sales Consultant | GSL Technology
(cell) 706.828.1770
kkinzer@gsltechnology.com