WTS IMI UZI $10,500

johnk

Be Very Careful!!

Another, New, Unknown User posting… Demand Clear images with your email address written on a small piece of paper laying right on top of the Gun. Also get a copy of the, supposed, current Transfer Form and verify All Info with NFA Branch - they will tell you if any of the info does Not match. Talk to the poster on the phone to determine if he has a Nigerian or other strange accent. Does he know anything about guns and the transfer process? Is he calling from a weird VOIP Google Phone or some other non-standard modality? Get Verifiable References from this Board or another reputable site - do Not rely on an easily stolen Identity from Gun-Broker, etc… Be smart and save your $$$. Don't become the latest victim of Scum-Bag Scammers!

Geez, can you give the guy a chance before entering all this scammer speculation in his ad? There are still more than a few guys out there willing to sell at decent prices. This one is what, $1k under what others are going for? There's also a $31k DIAS on here that just got the same immediate treatment. So what was the basis for that...can't be the price...Because he's a new member? That's not right. There are over 150,000 transferables, are they all members yet?

Its still buyer beware folks. This new site hasn't changed anything. We SHOULD all know the due diligence protocol. Sure you are going to nail plenty of real scammers with what you are doing, and who knows maybe this one is too, but you are also going to piss off some decent folks and turn them off to this new site and then we all lose. If a Sturm buyer is naïve enough to get scammed in this day and age, your efforts aren't likely going to save him, he's doomed already. Consider educating him somewhere else, not in this guy's ad. Like a sticky post at the top of each Board that says "New Buyers..read these tips so you don't get scammed".

This new site is great but I miss the old site because only Buddy really vetted or zapped ads, and it was never because the guy was "new". With this new site everyone is taking pot shots right off the bat. Sorry if this post is out of order or you don't agree, I just hate the idea of even 1 or 2 good folks getting a bad name or pissed off and decides to leave the Sturm community.

Thanks for reading, and contemplating what you are doing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tall Pine said:

Geez, can you give the guy a chance before entering all this scammer speculation in his ad? There are still more than a few guys out there willing to sell at decent prices. This one is what, $1k under what others are going for? There's also a $31k DIAS on here that just got the same immediate treatment. So what was the basis for that...can't be the price...Because he's a new member? That's not right. There are over 150,000 transferables, are they all members yet?

Its still buyer beware folks. This new site hasn't changed anything. We SHOULD all know the due diligence protocol. Sure you are going to nail plenty of real scammers with what you are doing, and who knows maybe this one is too, but you are also going to piss off some decent folks and turn them off to this new site and then we all lose. If a Sturm buyer is naïve enough to get scammed in this day and age, your efforts aren't likely going to save him, he's doomed already. Consider educating him somewhere else, not in this guy's ad. Like a sticky post at the top of each Board that says "New Buyers..read these tips so you don't get scammed".

This new site is great but I miss the old site because only Buddy really vetted or zapped ads, and it was never because the guy was "new". With this new site everyone is taking pot shots right off the bat. Sorry if this post is out of order or you don't agree, I just hate the idea of even 1 or 2 good folks getting a bad name or pissed off and decides to leave the Sturm community.

Thanks for reading, and contemplating what you are doing.

Tall Pine:

I understand Exactly what you're saying. However, I can assure you that this Ad is Definitely a Scam and that johnk is the same Nigerian scammer going through profile after profile after profile... There are a lot of New Guys posting each day and I do Not Mark them Unless I'm Certain. I have specific criteria that I use and it works very well. IM/PM me and I will give you my phone number and explain how I know, for sure, that this Is a Scam. Cannot post it here for everyone to see as this would serve to educate these Scammers and make them much more difficult to spot. I've marked a Bunch of them so far and have Not been wrong yet. This may appear Rude and Uncouth but it Is the Best way to make sure that nobody gets Scammed. Sure, you can leave the Uninitiated to Darwinian fate but I would rather save them once or twice and trust that they will learn after being "Inoculated" against Scammers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Precision Technology said:

Tall Pine:

I understand Exactly what you're saying. However, I can assure you that this Ad is Definitely a Scam and that johnk is the same Nigerian scammer going through profile after profile after profile... There are a lot of New Guys posting each day and I do Not Mark them Unless I'm Certain. I have specific criteria that I use and it works very well. IM/PM me and I will give you my phone number and explain how I know, for sure, that this Is a Scam. Cannot post it here for everyone to see as this would serve to educate these Scammers and make them much more difficult to spot. I've marked a Bunch of them so far and have Not been wrong yet. This may appear Rude and Uncouth but it Is the Best way to make sure that nobody gets Scammed. Sure, you can leave the Uninitiated to Darwinian fate but I would rather save them once or twice and trust that they will learn after being "Inoculated" against Scammers.

Thanks for doing that for us.

Just now, Tall Pine said:

Thanks Precision Technology.  That makes a lot of sense and quenches my concern. Appreciate you letting us know and for looking out for the community. 

Tall

Tall Pine:

Thanks. I am truly sorry that I offend some people. Just can't stand seeing good guys lose their hard-earned $$$ to Scum-Bags!