M249 owners-insight needed

taylorwso

I have seen a few people break bolt slides .... of course they are very hard to find. Recoil springs good to have a few spares of. All springs can wear out eventually ... How long your parts last of course depend on shooting habits.
    The guys that I see breaking a lot of parts run the crap out of their guns year round. 

Aaron

• 3 weeks later...

I had the two pins on the back of the op rod break. Not sure how to describe them, but it’s the two little pins that stick out of the boxy looking object that is connected to the op rod that keeps the op rod from jumping out. Fortunately, I have a ton of spare 249 parts, so I was able to replace it from my supply.

So far, that’s the only thing on my 249 that broke. Mine runs like a top, but I clean it and keep it in pristine condition. 

10 hours ago, Machineguntony said:

I had the two pins on the back of the op rod break. Not sure how to describe them, but it’s the two little pins that stick out of the boxy looking object that is connected to the op rod that keeps the op rod from jumping out. Fortunately, I have a ton of spare 249 parts, so I was able to replace it from my supply.

So far, that’s the only thing on my 249 that broke. Mine runs like a top, but I clean it and keep it in pristine condition. 

I think those are just roll pins, but probably need to keep on hand as well

• 2 weeks later...