WTB: MP18,I or MP40

hatrick

I’ve been looking to pick up a nice MP18,I for a while now and I’m hoping someone has one or know of one for sale. The auction sites are just not feasible between the 20+% buyers premiums and now the added state sales tax.  I’m looking for one in nice collectible condition that uses the trommel snail drums. I’d also be interested in a nice original (not a tube gun) MP40 as a second option.  

Must be fully transferable and C&R eligible. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by hatrick

I have been watching the various auction sites and saw that dewat but after the auction sights add their 20+% and the added 6% state sales tax the prices are just too high in my opinion which is why I'm hoping to find a private seller.  Id rather give a personal seller the extra cash versus an auction house and the state.  Ideally it would be great to find one that still has the set screw for removing the barrel and not one that had that welded over making the barrel impossible to change out.

I really appreciate everyone's help so far.  I guess patience is the key to finding a nice collectible MP18,I.

Thanks

3 hours ago, rsideout said:

An MP18 just sold last week at auction for $10K + auction fees.  It was a dewat.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Military-Artifacts/Firearms/MP-18-I-Barrell-Not-Live-Sub-Machine-Gun/lotInformation/56566269

That one looks like it was not shootable with the barrel.  "Barrel Not Live*".  That one was strange... the barrel either wasn't a barrel or someone welded it closed.

edit:
Weird.. they had a lot of other MG that were deactivated.. wonder why.

Edited by Ryo

You should really get on "YouTube" and checkout a guy named "Mark Novak" look under MP-18 Restoration he takes a thoroughly welded up Mp18 Dewatt and brings it back to life  he is  an excellent gunsmith . Even the most fried Dewatt can be saved given the right guy to do the job.By the way I have owned a beautiful MP-18 for the last thirty years they are incredible , wonderful guns  good luck I hope you find a nice one ,but don't hesitate purchasing a dewatt for the right price.