Evening gents ..back in Va

R.L.

I'm back in Virginia for a medical evaluation this week. Unfortunately, I heard of Mikes passing while without internet service in Maine. Matt Heck notified me by text. I could go on for paragraphs about Mike, but right now I'm just too sad.

Mike not unlike me was a cranky old guy who sometimes stepped over the boundaries of civil behavior, but he always came back and apologized and made it better.

I wish I had a fraction of Mikes personal knowledge of this hobby we all love so much. His knowledge was vast and he didn't mind sharing it either.

Inside that rough edge was a kind, lonely and generous man. For those that didn't know Mike...well you really missed out!  He was a real character.

Mike was a mans , man, a scholar, albeit a little rough around the edges, but a gem and gentleman none the less. I'll miss him and our late night discussions about guns, life, liberty and cancer.

Young men, take care of your health. Get tested regularly. No-one is immune and the sooner detected the better your chances of a recovery.

God  speed my friend, I'll miss you.

R.L.

Edited by R.L.

Kris,

Maine is a beautiful state. People are friendly there and the population is about 99% Caucasian. Whitest state in the Union. Or was I not supposed to say that? Oh well. English is the official language spoken along with a little Canuk, the closer you get to Canada. EHHH?

All of the citizen's in Maine are NOT liberals as some believe and the gun laws are few and far between. Portland, Bangor and Bath are the magnet cities for the fruit cake soy crowd. I live in the boonies above Skowhegan. Tons of Trump signs everywhere. Maine is not unlike other states with liberal legislators, the tail wags the dog in Maine also.

Far more Patriots in Maine than the libtards will admit to!! Actually more of "us" than "them"!

I'll have internet service when I return to Maine. Wifey got some kind of string and tin can service.

Thanks for the post, stay well.

R.L.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening gents. Looks like I'm back on my favorite site. I have service now, albeit a little slow, but better than nothing. Hope ya'll are well and voting for President Trump in 2020.

Both the wife and I voted in Maine this year. They had 6 different candidates on the Maine ballot.....WTF?? A first for me. Never heard of such crapola.

It's not what a lot of people think about politics here in Maine. Out here in the boonies of Maine we're pretty much ALL Trump voters. Back in the larger cities of Maine it's mostly demo-rats.

Lobster is $6.99 a lb, fresh haddock is $4.99 a lb. but regular everyday groceries are a bit more here due to the distances involved in delivery. No Costco, No Sam's Club but lots of quiet and nobody to f with you. I can shoot off my porch if I want or anywhere else on the property for that matter. All in all it's been a good move.

Making arrangements for my new shop right next to the house, so by spring I'll be back in business blacksmithing and welding part-time.

Thinking of buying a new snow mobile. Anyone have first hand experience or suggestion on brand? I've never owned one. Could use some advice.

Cheers,

R.L.

Edited by R.L.

Here in WA, they put Trump's name under Bidens.. very rude considering that Trump is the current President.  

Also for Governor.. there was one Republican, Culp.. and everyone else ie liberal or Inslee (Demo-rat). Hoping that the 5 to 1 choice would spread the vote for Inslee allowing Culp to win.  

Well glad you now have service. We need the knowledgeable people to pass their knowledge to the young.

Glad to have you back on Sturmgewehr, R.L. 

I haven't been on a snowmobile since I was a kid. They are fairly popular out here in Montana, and it seems like most people out here like the Polaris machines. 

My suggestion, for what's it worth, would be to look at one of the models built for touring or utility. 

https://www.snowmobile.com/

Cheers,

KristopherH