Just to let everybody know Mike Todd passed away this morning

g36kinnc

With a heavy heart just to let everyone know, Mike Todd passed away this morning after his long several battles with cancer.

The collector community will sorely miss him, such a good guy with the wealth of knowledge and a big heart willing to help any who asked.

Rest in peace my friend

Greg at Alpine military concepts

G36kinnc

never got to meet Mike in person but He spend hrs talking with me over the last few years helping me with every question I ever asked or wondered about. Definitely a major loss to the community... sad to here about him passing. Thank you for letting us know.

Mike was a good man, I'll truly miss our conversations. I knew when he didn't answer the phone over the last week it wasn't good. I still smile when I remember the last time I talked to him about our Steyr Augs, I said something about a receiver I saw on GB and said, that looks cool... He said, "Matt you don't want that" LOL! He knew what I was thinking and I started laughing, he said "you know you don't" I'll miss you Mike!!

RL in Maine does not have internet access, we were talking on the phone earlier in the week about not hearing from Mike, I know he tried to call him a couple times as well. Last night when he heard of the news, he was devastated! I know he'll post when he has internet, but until then.....They go back ALONG way

I'm sorry to hear that, I was just going to email him about getting a case of portuquese 8mm to test a transferable mg34 we were going to sell. He was such a knowledge base , and the first time I spoke to him, he acted like we were friends from long ago, when in fact I had never met him or spoken to him before!!! What a wonderful person and such a wealth of info!! He told me he had throat cancer but I didn't dream he was that bad off! May he rest in peace!

• Like 1

My 16 year old son and I got to spend a day with Mike in July.  He was a wonderful fount of knowledge and absolute gentleman.  My son and I both learned a lot in just the short time we had.  And while I am sorry I didn't get to know him earlier, I appreciate the time I did get to spend with him and will miss his insight into all things firearms related.

I'm very sorry to hear about Mike's passing. I didn't know him well, but did have the pleasure of speaking with him on a couple of occasions. He was incredibly kind and generous with his time, especially toward somebody that was an absolute stranger to him. Clearly, in addition to being a gentleman, he was a wealth of knowledge on all things NFA.

Rest in peace, Mike. There's no doubt you will be remembered fondly by so many. 

Edited by MFP Autos
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just thinking of Mike today and decided to see what he had posted recently.  I'm sorry to hear of his passing.  He was a good man who was very generous with his time and knowledge.   I really enjoyed our numerous conversations.  What sometimes started out as a quick 10 minute call about an NFA item often turned into an hour or two discussion about growing up, business, friends, family, and where we end up in life.  RIP Mike.