What is an MP5 SBR by Terry Dyer worth?

Brent Bowman

I have been looking around trying to figure out how much my HK MP5 is worth without the sear and am not having much luck coming up with a price? Very nice condition 3 lug, threaded barrel, paddle mag release, clipped and pinned SEF trigger group minus the sear. Made by Terry Dyer, looks like it is brand new. Registered as a SBR in Idaho. Anybody have an idea of approximately how much it is worth?

Thank you,

Brent Bowman

208-484-1583, hct@audiologyshop.com 

I would guess it should move around $3,500. There was a time that would go much higher, but now that HK is making the SP5 pistol and PTR has their version, that gives folks other options besides cutting down a HK94 or having one built from a kit which is what Dyer was doing when there were no other options. Now sure the new guns still need to have some blocking bars and other things removed for full auto they give the SBR crowd plenty of options.

2 hours ago, Delta-10 said:

I would guess it should move around $3,500. There was a time that would go much higher, but now that HK is making the SP5 pistol and PTR has their version, that gives folks other options besides cutting down a HK94 or having one built from a kit which is what Dyer was doing when there were no other options. Now sure the new guns still need to have some blocking bars and other things removed for full auto they give the SBR crowd plenty of options.

Easily, because I would pay that for it.

oh...its worth more than $3,500.. at that price we buyers would be fighting over it. PM me now if you'd like to sell it to me for that.

I'd guess more like $5,000 personally but yes its true the recent HK imports prob have had an effect on the pre ban guns. Plus the newer ones arent as "sear friendly ".

15 hours ago, rhouston8 said:

oh...its worth more than $3,500.. at that price we buyers would be fighting over it. PM me now if you'd like to sell it to me for that.

I'd guess more like $5,000 personally but yes its true the recent HK imports prob have had an effect on the pre ban guns. Plus the newer ones arent as "sear friendly ".

I'll give you $3501. ;)

I'd have to agree with everyone that now that HK is importing again.. it does affect the market prices.

Pre ban HK 94's go for $5k all day long. Even the recent HK's are going for close to that. With the pre ban 94's, one is exempt from US parts requirements to SBR it (IIRC)  Add that value plus a Terry Dyer conversion.  Add the accessories and it is worth what OP is asking.  

Edited by Waffen Und Bier

22 hours ago, Waffen Und Bier said:

Pre ban HK 94's go for $5k all day long. Even the recent HK's are going for close to that. With the pre ban 94's, one is exempt from US parts requirements to SBR it (IIRC)  Add that value plus a Terry Dyer conversion.  Add the accessories and it is worth what OP is asking.  

Finally someone who knows what they're talking about....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Side Arm Sams said:

Finally someone who knows what they're talking about....

Thanks. Simple observations from the market. If I were still collecting, I would pay $7,200 for "as close to factory as one can get" Terry Dyer sear host. I've owned a bunch of HK MP5's and conversions over the last 35 years and a few clones from US and foreign companies.  No comparison with a Dyer HK conversion. We have an SD (with a Knight's can) he did in the shop right now. It puts all others I've seen to shame.