M122568

WTB Lafette MG34 and part

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Looking to buy a Lafette for a MG34. Country of origin is no factor. I am also looking to MG34 spare parts or a complete parts kit that is is good to excellent condition. Thank you!

Are you looking for a MG34 Lafette to mount your MG34 or would a MG42/MG3 lafette work with an adapter.  That's what I'm doing.

Ryo,

I was looking for a a true MG34 lafette because I couldn’t find much info on how and where to buy the adapter for MG42 lafettes. Can you private message me on how you plan on using an adaptor? Thanks!

For reference - I've watched a few orig MG34 Lafette mounts on Gunbroker over the last few months.  A nice reconditioned one sold for $6700 a couple months ago.  There's a 1936 green repaint listed now for $6500.  A 1939 Switz with a few coats of paint didn't sell about a week ago at $4000.  I haven't seen that one relisted yet.  

Edited by jkb471

jkb471, thanks for that info. I definitely underestimated the going rate for a true MG34 lafette. Nevertheless, I am still looking!

Yup.. That is why I mentioned the other methods.  I wanted the MG34 lafette.. Couldn't find it at the time and ended up with a MG3 Lafette. They are heavy but pretty cool.  Though I wonder if I would shoot it that much. I still have to buy or make the adapter bar and do a mod on the trigger.