Thumpy

How to get a 22 kit for the uzi to run.

7 posts in this topic

I just got my kit last week Sunday I took it out to play with it and would get a good 10 rnd burst here or there but most of the time spent with it was clearing stove pipes. Any of you fellas have any idea on how to get it to work? I tried about 6 different kinds of ammo nun seemed better then the next.

What brand kit? Some of the kits are garbage and some of the kits run well in one gun but not another due to differences in RR conversions. As a whole, 22 kits are the finickiest things to get running well, good luck to you.

I believe it’s a group/vector kit I bought it from a fello on here.

THUMPY, i have maybe 6 .22 kits in all. the IMI runs like it should with all mags including the 40 rnd . one vector /group works with the 20's and a couple of the 32/35? . the other vector only works with 20's . I suspect the main culprit to be mag spring tension or presentation. if the round is offered too soon it will be forced back in the feed lips and be pointed down. too late and the bolt will strike the case . use the case as a guide. near the bullet is late and the rim early.  that may help. if you act fast , a quick stretch will speed up the feed for a short while until it finds its home again. I found the original 40's during one of my spree's in the late 70's and the quality show's as all factory goods will. I use them to judge the other mags in the pile and there are plenty of low class out there.  also at this point cant say how I have mixed other parts . I will close with the fact that both FACTORY IMI SMG KITS WORKED AS PACKAGED .  have fun! mike

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

oh GAWD! I loathe .22lr conversion kits...got bunches of them starting with the Uzi. 

Abandon all hope ye who enter.....

8 hours ago, rhouston8 said:

oh GAWD! I loathe .22lr conversion kits...got bunches of them starting with the Uzi. 

Abandon all hope ye who enter.....

Lol this is what I feared hahaha