German Firearms Act

Spartan

What do folks think the outcome of the soon to take affect German Firearms Act updates will be on the availability of H&K parts. 

Specifically that Trigger packs / housings/ lowers / magazines are now subject to registration if I am reading this right? 

Would this mean more will soon be available for sale as it will be to much of a burden to own? 

Or

Since I can't get more( if German), I am never selling my collection and supply will go down?

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/90467   - see bottom half of page. Also one hell of a deal but good luck getting it shipped to you. 

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/03/16/essential-parts-of-the-new-german-firearms-act-guidelines/

I would also be curious to learn what all is involved in German demilling - is any of it repairable ?  Anyone here gone through the red tape to import anything? 

Thank you all 

Spartan

07/02

Edited by Spartan

I was told by reliable importers 4-5 yrs ago that the EURPEAN UNION had managed to "black mail" the GERMAN GOVT and many other member nations to STOP selling any surplus small arms or parts or they would stop shipping the goods to them. this has already been observed by the lack of new goods from GOVT sales. the only items since would be items already in dealers hands in country.  of course that wont effect any other GOVT from selling anything the find surplus or due to a diff weapon . there is a LOT of 2nd hand HK stuff out there but I would think NOS not easy to find anymore.   IMPORT / EXPORT for the US has MAJOR costs to clear. they tell me close to 5 grand just to start filling out forms?

I do not know about German laws in particular. However, I have imported items from other EU countries that were registered. For example, virtually all of the EU requires bolt heads to be registered. Even though US customs might not require an import permit (form 6) it is nice to have one when importing such an item. The exporter gets an export permit for the bolt head and then uses the approved form 6 to prove that the evil bolt head is going to someone with permission to have it.

Hi, I'm from Germany and if you guys wanna ask some questions, your welcome. 

On first september 2020 the new gun laws apply in Europe and Germany. The biggest and worst changes are:

- magazins for rifles bigger than 10 rounds and for handguns 20 rounds are illegal

- the most receiver parts are not free anymore. That means every part of the gun, that holds the bolt and the barrel have to be registrated and is equated to a fully functioning gun, like already the bolt head and the barrel the whole time before. For example AR15 upper, lower and bolt carrier, Ak 47 receiver and bolt carrier, M1 Garand receiver and trigger housing.

Almost every part kit and demiled gun will be illegal or have to be registrated after that law. Trigger parts and spare parts are still free avaible.

Here is the link to the official document from the BKA (Bundes Kriminalamt), a authority similar to the ATF in USA.

There images from parts to explain whats free, legal or illegal.

Grey dot = free

Blue dot = legal but you have to registrate and equated to a fully functioning gun

Red dot = illegal

https://www.bka.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/UnsereAufgaben/Aufgabenbereiche/Waffen/leitfadenWaffenteile.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=2

Edited by Gerand

Thank you Mike and HHollow and Gerand

MY next question for Gerand- what do you think is going to happen to the high capacity magazines and various now illegal parts - specifically the HK and UZI parts. If someone in Germany already has them will they keep them forever, or will they sell / export, or worse destroy?

Thanks 

The dealers will export the magazines, receivers and parts like these to countries, in which they're still legal. The afford, the time, the risk and the costs they have, to register the parts, are way to high. And nobody will pay 500-700€ for an empty receiver. 

You have to understand, this law is really complicated. Magazines you had bought before 13.07.2017 are still legal to have (when registered to the authorities), but not allowed to shoot with, nor sell them. All the others, bought past that date, are illegal. But only the magazine housing is illegal. The follower and the spring are not. Another one, for example: You own a Glock 17 and an AR 15 in 9mm. Suddenly your 17 round Glock mags are illegal, because you could use them in your AR 15 rifle and they have a capacity more than 10 rounds. The receivers have there own much longer story.

In my opinion and experience most people will keep the parts and the black market will grow. When you're not a dealer, you can't sell any of these legally. You can't sell it or register it, so you keep it.

Hk parts are even in Germany hard to get and very expensive. Hk has a big military deal with the french Army for the HK416. Since about 18 month you can't buy a MR223 anywhere. I saw three in an austrian shop, but they were gone in minutes. The same with spare parts.

Uzi spare parts are available and no problem to find, except the bolt, the barrel, the receiver and high cap mags.

Sorry for my english =)

Edited by Gerand