SPF Sterling MK2 $9500 PICS added info updated

Friend in WI got this from me a few years back now wants to sell it. I bought the gun at Knob Creek as a C&R gun as I am in MN, looks like the gun is not a C&R but rather a STenling.

Sterling MK2 kit used believed mfg prox 1954. The original STen was registered in 1969 (1968 amnesty) per BATF. Serial number on tube used as per ATF rules 89697 mag well number is KR1934 has krinkle finish The conversion takes it out of C&R statues but fully transferable.  Comes with 4 mags, bayonet and what looks like a scope mount.  Runs well in 95% cond.

This  gun should transfer directly to a FFL/SOT on F4 now $9500 + tax and shipping. More info joe@dependablearms.com or 612-751-7979.

getPart?uid=31615780&partId=5&saveAs=SDC

serial number mag well.JPG

sterling tube serial number.JPG

Sterling with bayonet and mags.JPG

Edited by Joe-Dependable Arms
Added pics and new info
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Joe-Dependable Arms said:

Friend in WI got this from me a few years back now wants to sell it. I bought the gun at Knob Creek as a C&R gun as I am in MN which is the only C&R only MG state left.

Sterling MK2 believe mfg. 1953 and registered in 1969 (1968 amnesty) per BATF. Serial number on tube used as per ATF rules 89697 mag well number is KR1934 has krinkle finish

which indicates it was an export model per info available on the net.  Comes with 4 mags, bayonet and what looks like a scope mount.  Runs well in 95% cond.

This  gun should transfer directly to a C&R or FFL/SOT on F4 now $9500 + tax and shipping. More info joe@dependablearms.com or 612-751-7979

getPart?uid=31615780&partId=5&saveAs=SDC

Email sent.

So I guess the seller isn't going to mention this is a transferable Sten tube, that was redone into a Sterling.

I would expect better of people, but I will the seller benefit of the doubt of not knowing what he has. You should really understand your product better.

Edited by eMGunslinger

On March 11, 2016 at 10:57 PM, eMGunslinger said:

So I guess the seller isn't going to mention this is a transferable Sten tube, that was redone into a Sterling.

I would expect better of people, but I will the seller benefit of the doubt of not knowing what he has. You should really understand your product better.

So you're saying its not a C&R then? Shouldn't it also be marked with manufacturer's info?

What tells you it's a sten tube?

Thanks,

E

2 hours ago, eplexus said:

So you're saying its not a C&R then? Shouldn't it also be marked with manufacturer's info?

What tells you it's a sten tube?

Thanks,

E

The serial number on the tube, overall condition and the look of the crinkle finish, relative to the number on the magwell, etc.   There was no requirement in 68' that the tube be numbered, the number on the magwell would have been fine.   The mfr. on the paperwork would be helpful to disclose and end the speculation.   The fact that it transferred into MN does not make it C+R necessarily, and that only applies to individuals there, not dealers.  They can have non- C+R stuff.  HTH

It's a C&R Sten that was converted by Don's Gun Shop around 2004 according to the dealer who sold it to Joe. That dealer had amnesty registered the gun and had commissioned the conversion. DGW Co. 309-379-4331 ask for Mike or Ron.