Winchester US Rifle 1917 Enfield (WITHDRAWN)

MEW

This is a Winchester 1917 US Enfield rifle 1918 mfg. serial #125498. The metal on this example is excellent, the wood is dimpled throughout and the wood figure and color is a medium dark brown but VG for 103 years. It has all the classic marks and as I am not an aficionado, interested parties may be able to find other marks and I am happy to look.  *This rifle is uncleaned (except for the bore, which is bright/shiny and has excellent rifling) and will remain so and I will not disassemble the rifle in any way to search for numbers or marks, it has been stored for over 40 years in a climate controlled safe* clear pictures of the below marks are available on request to interested parties. This will ship to your FFL for $1350.  a 14 page detailed history is here;http://www.odcmp.org/503/rifle.pdf
Stock marks; OGEK(boxed)-P inside circle-7AWI(not clear)/on buttplate O-under buttplate on wood B,123-under butt plate on metal B, triangle over W. Sling marked 1918 with other light marks difficult to make out.
Bolt; Ord. bomb/R
Receiver; Ord. bomb/Circle Star/eagle head
Barrel; 1-18,Ord. bomb,W. bayo lug W. Front sight W, The bore gauges @1, unable to gauge throat.

DSC-4994.jpg

IMG-0916.jpg

DSC-4978.jpg

IMG-1288.jpg

"The boxed O.G.E.K. was applied at the Ogden Ordnance Depot by Elmer Keith" (yes, that Elmer Keith)

Edited by MEW
repost

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...