TheDude1647

Best First MG for Under 15k

4 posts in this topic

So I have been MG shopping lately and although I have shot a good amount of them I have never owned one. So if you had a budget of 15k what would you all consider the best first purchase? I am 01/SOT so I can jump into the pre-sample market as well. Really looking for a belt fed, but I am open to anything. Biggest thing I want is something that is fun to shoot, doesn't need to be mega reliable or the most ergonomic thing on the planet. If anything I enjoy keeping stuff running more than actually shooting. Curious to see what the opinions are!

With the 15k parameter, I would go with an Uzi full size, full spec RR.  Its robust, fun, EZ to change up the cycle rate, lots of available parts and its a great gun to let friends that have never shot FA,  enjoy safely. I NEVER let newbies shoot my macs.

Hope this helps!

Since you mentioned beltfed , $15k should get you in the realm of a 1919.

^^^do not get a 1919 as your first machine gun. For the love of God...even if you can get one within your budget. 1919 isnt a budget gun- you'll spend piles of $ on ammo , spare parts , links, linkers, mounts, cal conversions, accessories.

But the main reason is bc its large, heavy, and not something you'll take out nearly as often as a shoulder fired MG. But if you are stuck on a beltfed...then its a great first beltfed to get. Its just a terrible first MG to get IMO. Beltfeds require a lot of knowledge and skill and experience to keep running properly etc . There's nothing budget friendly in beltfed ownership assuming you are shooting it a lot. For example at OFASTS a couple months ago I blew through 7,000 rnds on beltfeds...because of beltfeds actually. 4,000 of that was thru a 1919 shorty ...in less than 10 hrs. They just chew thru ammo like crazy...and barrels accordingly. You need mounts ---not just the stupid ground sit down in the mud tripods either...you'll want a nice comfy stand up mount- bam!  Another $1,000+ spent. etc etc. 

Start off with with a SMG or rifle I say. Be normal. Get an Uzi, Mac 11/0 w Lage upper, a lightning link for your AR15, FNC  - all fall in your $15k budget. Or stretch your budget for AR15 reg rec, Tommy. Unfortunately the next step up the price range is HK world which starts in the mid $20ks  and even then you'll wish you had a $30k sear.

Dont get a beltfed for your first machine gun dude. Dont do it.